ADVERTISEMENT

Strap in... It's going to be an amazing ride!

swarmstorm

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2018
For any of us that have been professionally involved in organizational transformations, you can clearly see an amazing "future state" emerging.

Of course, the emotional, sentimental, and nostalgic side of us suffers painfully while we watch disappointing scoreboard results in real time, the encouragement is right there in plain view for anyone that wants to see it.

The Defense and Special Teams were always going to be the first manifestation of the transformation, they had to be. Those two units have exceeded my highest personal expectations at this stage already.

Did you expect the Offensive Line personnel, whom we "hired" to drive block, to immediately become Pro-Style superstars? No, me either. Yet, despite learning curves and injuries, we have seen glimpses of effective pass protection that would allow us to see around the corner and be encouraged. To add further encouragement, we have one of the top O-Line recruiters and developers in the country shaping this unit into the future.

I believe that most of us, intellectually, can accept this reality. Chances are, most of the vocal cynics are reacting more out of "embarrassment" in the moment than logic. It probably goes something like this: "My mutt friends are killing me at work and I demand immediate relief".... well I've got some hard news for you sunshine, it doesn't work like that. You don't hire expert electricians then "demand" that they expertly practice medicine the next week. You send the incumbent electricians to med school for training, while at the same time, begin hiring actual medical doctors.

I trust we have highly competent coaches... encourage them, and our players... as a result, we will accelerate the process to future glory vs. sabotaging the program through petty barbs and self-serving nonsense.

Go ahead and sign me up as encouraged, and confidently buying up common stock in GT Football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News