ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Stoudamire's stop at Kell a fruitful one for GT as they push for Rivals100 C Peyton Marshall

Russell Johnson

Recruiting Analyst / Managing Editor
Staff
May 19, 2016
Spent some time with Peyton Marshall this afternoon shortly after head coach Damon Stoudamire left Kell HS.
After spending time with Marshall, his mom, as well as his coach, it was clear from talking with Marshall that the visit made an impact on the former Auburn commit.

"It was nice having him come visit today," said the Rivals100 big man. "I had heard a lot of good things about him, from being a coach in the NBA, actually play in the NBA, and what all he has been able to accomplish as a man in the basketball world."

Things have heated up quickly between Marshall and GT since being re-offered.

"For someone like him, with all his accomplishments, to be as interested in me as he is, it felt great to meet him in-person for the first time, and give him the chance to see my campus.

Stoudamire hasn't been shy about his vision for Marshall, were he to choose to stay local and play for GT.

"He was telling me how I would be used offensively, and comparing me to players he has had the chance to coach in the past. He explained to me what they'll be running at Georgia Tech in terms of playing style. For him to come up here, speak with my mom, my coaches, and myself, and take that time with us was really nice."

Marshall added an offer from Xavier literally on the other line while he and I were talking, and there are several other schools in the mix here as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News