ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL SEC school reportedly eyeing a GT assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Our South Carolina site is reporting tonight that Brent Key is a "name to watch" for their OL coach vacancy. Shane Beamer was a GA when Key played his final season on the Flats in 2000.

Talked to the few GT sources that are awake at midnight I have and they said they'd serious doubt Key would leave for that job, but if something really interesting came open then they'd think it was more realistic. He could go back to Bama right now if he wanted to leave (Kyle Flood their current OL coach is headed to Texas) is what one person told and that person said they seriously doubt he jumps for a lateral or worse move.

What's interesting to me is Chris Wiesehan would actually make much more sense since their new OC Marcus Satterfield hired him as an OL coach at Temple in 2015 and I could see a move back to OL coaching being an allure for him though he has coached every offensive position except QB in his career.

Again take as it is a rumored guy. People also reading into the fact that Key followed Satterfield on twitter probably as well.

Key was not the only name on the list for the SC site watch list either, but I figured if I don't post this it could turn into a melt thread from a poster and we seem to have several SC/GT fans on the board who read both sites hence why I posted it. RJ and I will see what else we can find out tomorrow.

UPDATE AS OF 10am 1/8
This is a legit possibility and talks have occurred between Key and SC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News