ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Rivals Camp Notebook 4/15

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Both Jared and I were at the Rivals Atlanta 3Stripe Camp today at South Cobb HS. Obviously the weather sucked so I wasn't doing a ton of live reporting but we did interview a dozen GT targets and those interviews will come out throughout this week.

Here are some key things we learned however:

5-star OL Clay Webb has GT in his top group of schools, Webb spoke with myself and other reporters and said that his top schools right now are Bama, Auburn, Clemson and... Georgia Tech. I have an interview with Webb I'll post later, he is one of the few types of 5-star kids I could see GT landing though being in Alabama will be hard as well for GT.

On the other side of the OL coin, scratch Harry Miller and Riley Simonds from your wishlist, both Buford kids are not getting a ton of love from GT, Miller is probably going to Ohio State, Simonds just hasn't been heavily recruited by GT.

LB target Kevon Glenn picked up a GT offer two weeks ago. Glenn is being recruited as an ILB, GT is a top school for him.

OLB/S target Tyron Hopper fits into the Jaquan Henderson/Kaleb Oliver/Tariq Carpenter mold and he is very high on GT, said that he would like to visit for the spring game next week. Said he is nearing cutting his list.

A DL to keep an eye on is Aaron Hall from Jefferson, GT has been pretty interested, they are going to see him during the open period next month. Hall played his JR season with a broken ankle and didn't move well, but he is healed up and his interest should pick up a good bit.

Another guy who may fall off the board is WR Jordan Jakes. He is home schooling this semester after some drama at ECLA. He said he may transfer to St. Francis for his SR year. He is very into Michigan State.

KeShun Freeman's younger brother was at the camp, he is a 2020 ATH Jacob Freeman and he was rocking GT gear, said he hears from the staff a bunch. He is more of an A-back/DB sized guy.

I'll be at our Charlotte camp next weekend, then Columbus and Nashville in May.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.