ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Roundup: Offense 5/25

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Recruiting Roundup: Offense

As of now, Georgia Tech will not sign an A-back or a wide receiver in the 2017 recruiting class. B-back is possible if it is someone like Jalen Holston or a stud athlete like Bruce Jordan-Swilling.

The only active targets other than those two at the skill position are QB targets like Frank Johnson from Texas, Malik Willis from Roswell HS and Dwyer QB Todd Centeio. Johnson claims a GT offer, but it is not committable. The Jackets want him to visit to get an official offer to show he is really interested and he may not be big on the spread option. Willis to me seems like the most likely guy, Centeio is a Temple lean, but is gettable, he is more of a Byerly type, but they are interested in having guys like that too. I expect an offer to come out of those three soon, probably before camp. The wild card at QB is Tray Bishop who CAM is really working hard, he is an athlete type like Jay Jones or Christian Campbell who could play WR or S. Lots of stiff competition on Bishop.

The offensive line situation remains the main concern for the offense. Lots of guys waiting around on either offers or for someone to make a move. If GT can snag one of the leans like Zach Quinney or Case Cook, that could open the floodgate since there are four leans, Quinney, Cook, Demetris Harris and Cole Bentley. Another target Cordavien Suggs is an academic concern (grades) so I'm not sure that will happen. Brady Scott wants to play baseball and should get drafted high enough to avoid college all together by the MLB and the rest like Nick Brahms may wait it out for a bit while Mandy Alonso and Tyrone Truesdell want to play DT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News