ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 12/9

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
CAM had an in-home last night with 3-star DT Brandon Adams, GT has offered and he will OV in January and has legit interest.

QB target Victor Viramontes HS coach is pushing him hard to visit GT and seriously consider the Jackets. Cal is making a strong push at QB along with UCLA as a LB.

TaDarryl Marshall is afraid of GT academics and I don't see him coming here. USF and some other smaller P5 schools are showing interest in him.

DE target Jordan Woods is shopping around pretty hard for visits still. I expect the GT OV, but he will go to Miami if they will take his commit.

SDE/DT target Desmond Branch canceled his MissSt OV because they were not ready to offer. SMU is trying to get him on campus for an OV instead. GT is the favorite either way.

CPJ and CLO are in Savannah today seeing Arkeem Byrd. Byrd picked up a Vols offer recently and Wake is pushing hard as well. GT is in the thick of it.

OL, DT and CB are the remaining focal points for recruiting searches. OL target Dylan Powell has decided to remain committed to Purdue and stay close to home. GT needs 1 OT type and 1 more G/C type. Donavaughn Campbell remains the top OG/C option but OT is kind of wide open, I'd expect an offer for another Trey Klock type TE/LB type for that one or a skinnier tackle unless they can find another Will Bryan type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News