ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 12/8

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
QB TARGETS

GT finally offered Deshaunte Jones as an ATH yesterday. Jones who I wrote about earlier this week will OV to GT in Jan.

GT also offered QB Lucas Johnson from Mt. Carmel HS in California he has been committed to SDSU since June. Johnson will visit in Jan.

GT is working on both Victor Viramontes and TaDarryl Marshall who got dropped by Michigan and Tennessee respectively. Marshall has some academic work to do to get into GT and I still think he is afraid of the school.

One other QB target McAdory (Ala.) ATH Jay Jones who would be right at the top of the board is waiting for his Fall grades before he can get a GT offer. If he does well enough I'd expect him to be a Jacket soon. They really like his size, speed, arm combination.

ATH TARGETS

CPJ and CLO will do an in-home with Arkeem Byrd today according to Byrd. GT has offered him as an ATH and he could play DB or AB. Wake is heavily in with Byrd as well....Tennessee offered yesterday.

WR TARGETS

Georgia Tech HC Paul Johnson personally saw Jalen Camp the newest WR offer in his playoff loss to Colquitt County. Camp racked up three TD receptions in the loss for South Forsyth. Camp is currently committed to Liberty but he is visiting GT on Jan. 15

CPJ did an in-home with Jair Anderson last week and he will visit in Jan. GT and Illinois are the main schools.

OL TARGETS

The next wave of OL offers should go out this week, not much news until they offer those kids. Still plenty of potential targets on the board though.

DL TARGETS

I've heard GT feels good about Desmond Branch as a SDE/DT, but they are still pursuing multiple options in the DL, Michail Carter as I reported last week will OV and CBC should be in Louisiana to work on the two targets down there...Gerald Wilbon (soft verbal to Texas) and D'Andre Christmas-Giles (soft verbal to Tennessee).

LINK TO OFFERS PUSHPIN WHERE YOU CAN CLICK DIRECTLY TO PROFILES AND VIDEO'S

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News