ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 1/5

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
here is a look at some other targets and what's going on with them.

So here are some things to keep an eye on.

Aliki Vimahi is down to GT, UVA (already visited), UCLA and Utah. The question is whether he wants to do something different since Shaun Kagawa is the only Hawaiian guy on the team and the rest of the places have Hawaiians on staff or more on their roster.

Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa got offered by Notre Dame, but his parents seem unmoved. ND knew about him for over a year. Still seems like a Vandy-GT fight. He is visiting Vandy soon and a decision should come after that one.

Braylon Sanders GT dropped him, he was trying to do a mid-week visit and the family kept talking to coaches about how concerned they were about his number of "touches", that didn't go over well with any of the staff. He is not some stud WR, I expect he may get stuck at Washington State.

Tariq Carpenter has an OV set with GT for 1/27, I expect the Jackets will take him then as a safety. He will commit the moment he gets the greenlight.

I think GT will end up dropping Leonard Warner. He may be screwed if they do and he doesn't get into Stanford. UGA doesn't really have room for him.

Assuming everything goes well on his OV, I think DT Antwan Owens ends up at GT. I think they look good for B-back Jordan Ponchez-Mason as well

Reactions: oil loader 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.