ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 1/23

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
CAM and CMP are in Tallahassee today, did an in-home with Connor Hansen this morning and Antwan Owens let me know they are at his school now. Owens has his final OV scheduled to UCF where he is committed this weekend, GT is aiming to cancel that trip.

CBP is in Hawaii to check on Michael Minihan, Aliki Vimahi and Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa. Myron is doing an insane set of OVs starting with a trip to Navy, then to Notre Dame and on to Vandy all this week. Buzz had to go out yesterday to make sure he caught him before he left. Minihan recruited both players heavily during the Poly Bowl week

Robert Porcher has cancelled his GT official visit, he is a silent commit to VaTech and he spoke with CMS about it

Tariq Carpenter is set to come up on his official visit this weekend and he has been actively recruiting Owens for GT much to the displeasure of UCF where both are technically committed.

Kaleb Oliver is also very much in play, I expect CAM to go see him later this week and Gentry Bonds is recruiting him very heavily for GT.

Expected Visitors as of today:
Tariq Carpenter
Kaleb Oliver
Adonicas Sanders
Marlon Williams

Still waiting on Cody Shear, but Oregon has jumped in VERY HARD on him and he lives there, so that is an interesting subplot. It does not sound like he will be visiting GT. GT working on some quiet OL targets, stay tuned for that. CRW is doing a final check on Shear, but unless he schedules an OV that is over and they will move on to one or two other targets.

Quinton Miller is out for right now, Oliver has taken his space.

CMP will go see Jamal Woods later this week and I expect GT will get that final visit. His family wants him closer to home. Woods hinted there may be one more school trying to come in late, perhaps a SEC school.

They will end up with between 6 and 8 OVs this weekend with a high probability of committing all of them.

Could take both Sanders and Williams and move Mikell Lands-Davis back to A-back. Swillings are very confident that GT will get Williams.

I expect Brenton King to visit to take the spot vacated by Joseph Bulovas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.