ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE...tomorrow's the day (St. Baldrick's)...

Buzzfan

Smarter than you, but also much more humble.
Aug 6, 2002
UPDATE 6/25:

This is the CaringBridge link for the daughter of Mike's (StoopidGy's) HS friends, Dave & Polly...where you can get the full update on her treatment and the road ahead:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/serenadicillo

5cb7bd86-f133-4d22-9f07-8518cb3b8e62.jpg

TOMORROW is our event, and Mike is planning for us to send a video greeting to Serena and her folks.
We'll be getting started around 1:00 at Brimstone Tavern, just off Mansell Rd (about a mile east of Ga 400, at intersection of Mansell & Old Alabama Rd Connector)

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/Buzzfan2021

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

...to make sure y'all know I *am* getting my head shaved again this year for St. Baldrick's! Normally it would've been about 3 months ago, but we all decided late JUNE made a LIVE event more likely!

COVID hit everybody hard last year (some tragically hard 😢 ) and charities were no exception. The drop in fundraising for St. Baldrick's from 2019 to 2020 was over $11 MILLION!...and the total so far this year is NOT picking up! As of today, 2021 fundraising is only abut halfway to the 2021 total! beating head against wall

To that end, i've set an aggressive $10,000 goal for myself.....more than I've ever raised before!

I started doing this in 2008 after Ga Tech baseball had their own event in 2007. I also started out in honor of then-4-year old Chayton who was starting treatment for a RECURRENCE of medulloblastoma. Just a couple of weeks after Chayton and his folks attended my first head-shaving they were off to Duke for a stem cell transplant...then to Jacksonville for proton radiation.

And just a couple of weeks ago...Chayton graduated from HIGH SCHOOL!

But not all these childhood cancer stories go like this. Many of the most common childhood cancers *have* seen improved outcomes in the last 50 years....some with survivor rates near 90%!...but many (like DIPG) are still nearly always a death sentence. And the traditional treatments that can save a child's life so very often cause "collateral damage' to organs, tissues, and the nervous system that can lead to lifelong problems. THAT'S myh I do this to help St. baldrick's fund the reasearch for more effective ...and more targeted... treatments!

Hope the JacketsOnline crowd will step up with whatever you can swing! THANKS!!

Buzzfan's St. Baldrick's Page 2021! ← click

199449413_10159622076973628_2329244266081799356_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News