ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL OT - NFL Draft Silly Season

sriram12078

Gold Member
Dec 6, 2018
Well, with Keion White being a potential late 1R - thought it'd be fun to just put a topic out on the draft/Senior Bowl/what have you so far. Some quick obviously correct thoughts from this keyboard:

QBs:
Teams should not be afraid to double dip like the Cardinals did with Rosen/Kyler in back to back drafts. If you are wrong, pivot. So, I get Bryce Young at #1. I think the size questions are real - both for playing through tackles as well as accessing the shallow/intermediate middle of the field - but his feel for the game is extremely advanced. I am torn myself. I think Stroud showing against UGA that he could be a hero, and not just a pocket passing metronome carries a lot of weight.

With Levis, you just have to decide how much you want to discount his cursed 2022 season - injuries, coordinator changes - vs his excellent 2021. The traits and actual production (in 2021) are such that I see why he could go in the top 5.

I do not know if I am an Anthony Richardson believer. But if you made a QB prospect for 2023 in a lab, it'd be him. But the production has not been a match - though Florida has not been a portrait of stability. He seems like a really good pick for a team like Detroit that could afford to redshirt him.

WR:
I expect some grade inflation - the surplus value of a productive rookie WR is just so high now. While I like a LOT of the WRs in the 10-50 range on the draft board, my mind keeps going to Jaxson Smith-Njigba, who was Ohio State's actual #1 receiver on a team that had Wilson and Olave on it. He could be a real steal. The other weird one is Keyshon Boutte who was supposed to be the top WR in this class at the beginning of the year but was not very good this season. I'd also give a shout to Zay Flowers - who is small - but had a remarkable season, all the more remarkable given how horrible the QB/passing game situation was at Boston College this season.

TE:
Outstanding class. Michael Mayer is the masked killer of those suburban teenagers in that early Jamie Lee Curtis movie high floor TE who can do lots of stuff. But there are lots of other interesting guys. Are we believers in Darnell Washington if he got his own ride?

Defense:
It strikes me that Will Anderson Jr (not in terms of draft position but public vibes) is a little underrated at this point. He did not have the season he had last year, but offenses loaded up on blocking him more than anybody by a mile. I think Carter is the best player in this class, full stop. But Anderson is closer than it seems.

Looks like a strong CB group - but I am too lazy to type much more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News