ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GT Admin needs to step up its “acceptance” game…

Gatechfan7399

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2011
Marietta, GA
Ok guys, as much as I hate to admit it, I am disappointed in MaTech’s welcome packet for HS Seniors. I am former student athlete and graduated from School of Civil Engineering in 97 and 98. My daughter is a HS Senior and is considering GT, Duke, and Vandy. She attends Mt Paran Christian and they encourage them to apply to numerous schools even if they know they will not attend them.

So, in the last couple weeks she has received her “acceptance” letters from a few rival programs(no she didn’t even apply to UGA, she knows better). I was very impressed with several schools “welcome” packet and swag packages she received from Admissions.

And then, she got an email on December 9th saying she had been accepted in the early acceptance round, which we are very thankful she got accepted. Couple of days later she received he GT Welcome Package….

I will let you be the judge, but my GT needs to step up…..

First up is University of Tennessee, complete with a greeting card playing “Rocky Top”

https://ibb.co/BZYnc5R

Next came Auburn…

Then Clempsum…

And finally my beloved GT…

EDIT: And for those below griping, no she(nor any HS Senior) will not be choosing her college destination based off of an acceptance package. It was a light hearted post that shows in the eyes of a 17yo, GT is not perfect in every way. I want her to go to GT in a big way, but it doesnt mean we can’t be better in all areas. To us grumpy old farts on here, this stuff doesn’t matter, to kids it does. Essentially if is “recruiting” even though they are not athletes….

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News