ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Lance Terry to Sit Out 2023-24 Season for Georgia Tech

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb

Senior guard elects to redshirt after missing opening nine games with injury

Honolulu, Hawai’i – After missing the first nine games of the season with an injury, Georgia Tech senior guard Lance Terry has elected to redshirt and will sit out the remainder of the 2023-24 season. The 6-3 senior is with the team in Hawai’i and has begun to practice.

Terry was the Yellow Jackets’ No. 2 scorer from last season, averaging 10.1 points per game, and was expected to be a key figure in head coach Damon Stoudamire’s plans for this season. A native of College Park, Ga., who played three years at Gardner-Webb before transferring to Tech in the summer of 2022. He hit 38.8 percent of his three-point attempts and 81.4 percent of his free throws, and was a central figure in the Yellow Jackets’ late-season run in which they won seven of their final 10 games. He played in 29 games and started 21 for the season.

“I wanted to be able to play an entire season for my last year,” said Terry, who also was limited to just nine games as a sophomore at Gardner-Webb because of injury. “It also allows me to practice and learn under Coach Stoudamire and his staff for an additional year, which will benefit me a lot. There’s nothing but positive things that can come out of this.”

Terry has averaged 10.6 points a game for his career, connected on 44.1 percent of his shots from the floor, 37.2 percent of his threes and 81.9 percent of his free throws.

Tech returns to action Friday night against Hawai’i in the semifinals of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic. Tip-off is at 11 p.m. EST and the game will be televised on ESPN2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News