ADVERTISEMENT

JOL Mailbag 6/24 Sponsored by Auto-Owners Insurance

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
1689695750422.png

Will LaMiles be 100% to start the season? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was mentioned last season he was dealing with shoulder issues/injury.

KQ- LaMiles was good to go through all of the spring ball. He is about two years out on the most serious aspect of his shoulder issues. He had barely been able to lift upper body weights in his time at Georgia Tech prior to this past offseason. As far as I have heard he is a full go.

Do you envision us having two 1,000+ yard rushers in both Jamal Haynes and Anthony Carrie next season?

KQ- Probably not, I am unsure if that is how this plays out. I think if you have two 1k guys it will be a RB probably Jamal Haynes and Haynes King. If King focuses on maximizing his run opportunities he can get there. He ran for almost 600 yards in the final eight games of the season and that included his worst game against Clemson where he had -3 yards rushing overall. If he just takes what is there in front of him more often, he can get to 1k. I think the RB splits will look a little different and Jamal may go up in all-purpose yards and down a hair in rushing.

Is Carrie going to up and running by the time August rolls around?

KQ- Is he hurt? That is news to me. They didn't showcase him in the spring game for scouting purposes. That is a huge difference.

is there anyone else not 100% that will be playing in Ireland?

KQ- Of the guys who missed the spring, Sylvain Yondjouen and Keylan Rutledge are both back. I saw Keylan running around at the last GT OL/DL camp and he looked like he was in a great shape. Shymiek Jones is supposed to be back as well. Out of the other spring injuries, not sure on Nacari Ashley but I assume his isn't a big injury. The only guy I know is out for the year right now is Jackson Long the TE who tore his ACL in spring ball. I have not heard nor have I done much digging to see if anyone else is hurt. Trelain Maddox might be back toward the tail end of the season depending on how his rehab comes along. They will have to work him up slowly via scout teams or something like that in the season if they want to get him on the field. The players love him and the staff are excited about his future too.

Which freshmen are looking good in workouts/OTAs?

KQ- Well I'll stick to the newbies who came in this summer since that is more to your point. David Prince and Uche Iloh are the two that I've heard the most about. Other guys I have not seen or heard much about yet, but I also have been a little busy.

% on petty landing with the jackets?

KQ- Above 10%, below 100%

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Will Big Red be 100% recovered grom his car accident to participate in Summer Worky?

KQ- He is already cleared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News