ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time to stop with Johnson hot seat talk

Texwood

Jul 27, 2015
It’s a story line that pops up every season no matter what Johnson has accomplished as Georgia Tech’s head coach. And it just makes no sense.

Amen to that. Sound commentary from Daniel Shirley of the Telegraph.

LINK

I think CPJ is the right coach for Tech (IMO) . We all know it's not an easy job .

I think it's one of the toughest jobs in the business, and I think we have been fortunate to hire coaches like Bill Curry, Bobby Ross, George O'Leary, Chan Gailey, and Paul Johnson to lead the program over the past three and a half decades. Everyone on that list is highly regarded in coaching circles, and this program needs leadership of that caliber to do well here. A mediocre hire at the head coach position can send a program like ours into a death spiral tailspin. Bill Lewis

I think it's one of the toughest jobs in the business, and I think we have been fortunate to hire coaches like Bill Curry, Bobby Ross, George O'Leary, Chan Gailey, and Paul Johnson to lead the program over the past three and a half decades. Everyone on that list is highly regarded in coaching circles, and this program needs leadership of that caliber to do well here. A mediocre hire at the head coach position can send a program like ours into a death spiral tailspin. Bill Lewis
+100000000

IMHO, the Head Ball Coach is responsible for the entire team and I'm not satisfied with his input towards the Defense. Three DC's and we have no idea if we are an aggressive, attacking, stunting bunch or that 4-2-5 bend, but don't break crew.

No problem with CTR as a recruiter or his knowledge of the game. The players seem unprepared for the opponents in certain games and out of position. CPJ is absorbed with the Offense(his strength), and becomes satisfied with what is given on the other side of the ball-until it bursts open wide.

I love Coach Curry and Gailey as men. FCA types. As football coaches, they had to have a staff complete just to compete.

It is amazing how often we have this conversation. A good portion of the fan base wants the team to be better. I am thankful for that. Maybe GT can step up and hire the next new hot coach. That's the risk many want to take. I don't think it matters who the current coach is for them.

The team needs more talent. The question is why can't the coaches attract it? What are the hurdles? Then what's the best way to overcome those hurdles?

It is amazing how often we have this conversation. A good portion of the fan base wants the team to be better. I am thankful for that. Maybe GT can step up and hire the next new hot coach. That's the risk many want to take. I don't think it matters who the current coach is for them.

The team needs more talent. The question is why can't the coaches attract it? What are the hurdles? Then what's the best way to overcome those hurdles?
You know the answers to the first two questions ;) And you know the answer to the last question and you know that ain't going to happen.

I'm 58 and enjoy watching CPJ's teams. I hope the new AD hire will only help the situation with "The Hill"!

Reactions: GT 33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT