ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting TOS thread about next year's DL

stinger78

Mar 19, 2016
Looks like we will have Adams, Glanton, and Cerge-Henderson on the inside with experience, and Freeman, Simmons, St. Amour, and Branch on the outside with experience. Merriweather played some lat year as a T-FR, but I've not seen him since. Others?

We are losing Gamble and Kallon on the inside and Rook-Chungong and on the outside.

We played a lot of guys there this year. Any sleepers among the RS players?

Last edited:
Is Antonio Simmons leaving early? I haven't heard anything about that. Of the current redshirts, I'd expect Jordan Woods to make an impact at DE next season. Desmond Branch was used primarily at DT late in the season so it looks like they are looking to move him inside. I think the DL rotation for next season looks like this:

1-technique DT: Kyle Cerge-Henderson, Brandon Adams
3-technique DT: Brentavious Glanton, Desmond Branch
DE: Keshun Freeman, Antonio Simmons, Anree Saint-Amour, Jordan Woods

The DE and 1-technique rotations look to be strengths next season assuming Brandon can get his conditioning to a level that allows him to take a lot of snaps. He's got a chance to be the best we've had there since TJ. Glanton and Branch at the 3-tech are both question marks at this stage. It will be interesting to see if someone else steps up and challenges for playing time there.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I'd like to see more production from this group. They are not getting nearly enough pressures and sacks. They are also getting better against the run, and it seems like they are better at that late in games. I know in the 4th qtr uGA had a much harder time running the ball, which is why they were passing on short 2nd & 3rd downs

I think we're running with 2-gap responsibility with our DT's especially the 1-techs. Honestly, we don't have the most mobile LB's. They are pretty good laterally, especially PJ, but vertically, they need some improvement. You rarely see a LB get to QB or cover a TE well in our system. If we're playing 2-gap with DT's we have to get LB's into the backfield more often.

Branch got his hands in on a big pass play vs. Mutts. Freeman had his name announced on several tackles and has gotten some pressure starting a few games ago. At times, I only see 3 or 4 rushing on passing downs. Anree seems to come in on third downs and force the pocket back in, as a little more strength could help us with Keshun swarming from the other side.

I was hoping some of these final recruits might fill some depth on the DL, and maybe take another OL. The receivers look good with Jalen Camp joining what comes back. I'm so high on Parker Braun, Kenny Cooper, Jaheizel Lee, I could fly away(& that's saying something as much pie as I'm consuming daily, extremely addictive-like a winning trend in sports we have not won much with, lately).

Funny, the expert DAWGS on the radio after the game were muttering about a natl. title in 2018 because Kirby is doing it the right way-Smart. There they go again!

I would love 9 or 10 next year, then another 10 in '18. Happy as pie before the plate and fork show up.

Yes, the LBs need some improvement. I don't think they have done a good job with their reads this year. Some times they seem out of position and that results in big plays. Maybe the opposing OCs are baiting them, maybe they are over running the plays too often. But whatever it is, there needs to be improvement next year.

Looks like we are done at corner, safety and LBers.
TD Roof on the outside, looks like the lone recruit coming aboard at LB.

I was hoping we still had a chance with the LB from Vidalia, MacBrite, (I think)

or the LB Warner from Brookwood in Snellville.

Last edited:
You are probably right, I heard through a friend we had 10 and done. I'm not sure if he subtracted PJ Davis, Chase Alford?

It looks to me like we are recruiting more, this morning. And you are right, they will make room for Warner.

Nathan McBride, 6'2" 230. Vidalia Indians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT