ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Hoops Notes 2/16

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Seems like Pastner was not exactly in a good mood today. I was not there do to a prior commitment but here are the highlights of what was said.

CJP said that Josh Okogie will be fine at PG, was his first real game there and he was inefficiency in some areas and guys playing different positions, Josh played 1,2,3 so far. CJP said it is a major rebuild, said he is 12 over the initial plan for wins by year two.

On losing Curt and Jose on 3-pt D
, haven't been as good on D, were elite last year and CJP said that they've been good until three weeks ago, said since UNC it has been rough.

On late rotation on threes, we are late sometimes, but we are also getting straight lined driven here and there and part of it offensively have to execute, when you lose everything is magnified.

on turnovers, we had 14 turnovers and 1-for-9 from three and let WF shoot that percentage.

On year two being hard, I've said from the beginning that I thought this would be the hardest year, but i couldn't imagine. Said all summer and since the end of last season, been more challenging because there are more things going on. Said there have been some other issues and they are so thin and injuries to Josh, Ben and then Jose and Curt. So thin with depth couldn't afford any injuries and last year had none. Lost three 23 year olds and even a couple of walk-ons they lost were older, said last year was an older group and it makes a big difference.

On VaTech being a tough team This is the ACC and everyone is good. We have to practice really hard and we need Josh to be really good. His practice has improved and his numbers are improving with that. He needs to be efficient. Okogie leads the team in sprints during a game and practice (meaning running up and down the court not wind sprints).

On starting Cole, He earned it with practice and his play versus Duke.

On what he is looking for from Wright Moses has to get rebounds, he had zero rebounds. I told him if we had more numbers he wouldn't be playing. I told him what he did against Duke earned him playing time, but he laid an egg against Wake. He is athletic and good enough to rebound the ball. He has to get it done, on him, straight rebounding, that is all I care about.

On sellout I want to win for the players and for the fans. It is our 5th straight sellout.

Reactions: SWARMNATION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News