ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Father's Day!!

gtownjacket

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
Augusta area
Thanks to all fathers for everything you do. A little early I know, but Fathers should be celebrated more than once a year. Whether its your job to do the cooking on special outside days, or the wife takes you to eat, we deserve a break.

Its even more special for me & our family this year. As I've mentioned before, my wife & I couldn't have kids & 15 years ago we adopted two brothers from Ukraine. They are now 25 & 24. They've taken special notice of all the suffering going on in their country naturally, & even have talked about going back to try to find any family that may be left. I've been able to talk them out of this so far. They are U.S. citizens, but they are also Ukrainian citizens by birth. If they managed to get back, they would be immediately conscripted.

They stayed in Bucha at the Orphanage there. Their home was from a small village close by. If you remember, Bucha was where the Russians slaughtered the citizens by the hundreds as they retreated.

On this Father's day, be thankful for the family you have, they are indeed precious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News