ADVERTISEMENT

Glass Half full

olinhb

Dec 29, 2018
I understand that there's a whole lot of question if the cfb season will move forward, but here's my outlook on the season. We should be looking at the season with high hopes, we do have a very hard schedule but I think this team has a lot of potential.
This year's o-line might be the best we've ever seen in a while, we have an all-sec tackle and all-acc center. The projected starting line will have more size and more experience than what we are used to seeing. The average height would be 6-5 and a half and 309 pounds if Cochran, Defoor, Cooper, Johnson, and Quinney start week 1. That's a whole lot of beef.
The QB's might be a tricky situation but each player adds a different element that they can bring to this offense I have full confidence in CDP that we'll have the right guy under center.
We have an all-acc starting back with 2 4 stars backing him up, with a whole lot more depth too.
I think some people tend to forget that Jalen Camp is coming back with full health too. I mean the kid is a physical beast and looked terrific in the small sample size we got to see him play last year and has a NFL build.
The defense last year took some beatings with injuries but with some players at full eligibility (Clayton and Derrick Allen) I think that this defense can compete at a high level in this conference. Our d line looked rough last year but this year we'll have a lot of returning and a lot coming into this season healthy and added depth with Clayton. I think the storyline that is sort of unsung is the pairing of Jordan Domineck and Chico Bennett. Both of these kids are sophmores and they played well last year and they add a whole lot of versatility at that rush end spot. The DBs are the DBs, everyone knows that they are the core of this D and will perform at a high level. Of course we aren't gonna top Clemson (Who Knows) but I think this year will be fun for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News