ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. vs. UGA...Nov. 26....12:00 noon...SEC TV Network

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
50$ tickets are available on line in the end zone, LL, Sect. 139. $7.50 surcharge ea. ticket. Ticket office: 1-877-542-1231(same print at home). These are about 5 sections shy of our band. Some Hivers have bought in 138, this morning.

I've not purchased any yet, because Tony with the Ticket Dept. told me GT is returning tickets that were 95$ in those Section(S)144, 101, 102 Visitor areas. He said Stub Hub is guaranteed with their relocation dept. and will come down in price this week. Ga. Tickets will stay open through Wednesday afternoon.

Edited to say: purchased two in 139. Going fast!

Last edited:
Wide receiver Brad Stewart left the game with an ankle injury in the second half and did not return. He is an important piece of the offense for the Jackets, a player whom quarterback Justin Thomas has come to rely on for his ability to win balls in the air. Perhaps equally importantly, Stewart has been the sole punt returner.

The backups at wide receiver, Mikell Lands-Davis and Jalen Camp, have not played much in comparison to Stewart and Ricky Jeune.

I was surprised to see Thomas finish with negative rushing yards last Saturday. That doesn't happen often. It was clear the UVA defense was going to make sure he gave up the ball.

Preparations for the Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate between Georgia Tech and Georgia began in Atlanta on Monday afternoon as the Jackets hit the practice field for the first time this week. Head coach Paul Johnson spoke about the challenge ahead and his frustrations after the Virginia game.

"It was good, a typical Monday and the last one," Johnson. "There was a lot of not paying attention to detail and little minor things that create problems. That is why I was frustrated after the game and I think our kids were frustrated when they watched it."

Johnson said that Marcus Marshall who has been putting up numbers at B-back will likely start with Dedrick Mills backing him up.

"I haven't decided, but I would expect Marcus to start," Johnson said. "Mills is good to go."

The players of the week were, Ricky Jeune (offense), Lance Austin (defense) and Jalen Johnson (special teams).

Georgia Tech went in full pads on Tuesday as preparations for Georgia were underway. Tuesday also marked the final day of classes for the Jackets before the Georgia game. Yellow Jacket quarterback and B-backs coach Bryan Cook talked about why he was unhappy with the offensive performance against Virginia after practice and how the staff aims to get things back on track.

"The first play was indicative of the start we had," Cook said. "You can't come out and punt the ball as often as we did and not sustain drives. Really, a missed assignment on the first play of the game for a fifth-year senior and three-year starter is in excusable."

Cook said that he expects a better performance from Justin Thomas on Saturday. The Jackets will have Thomas along with both B-backs, Marcus Marshall and Dedrick Mills for the first time since Duke game.

Junior wide receiver Ricky Jeune provided some levity on Tuesday when he was asked what his plans were for Thanksgiving. The New York native will spend his Thanksgiving with one of his teammates.

"I'm going to P.J. Davis' for Thanksgiving," Jeune said. "It should be interesting!"

Georgia Tech wide receiver Brad Stewart practiced Wednesday in advance of the Yellow Jackets’ game Saturday against Georgia in Athens, an indicator of his potential availability after injuring his ankle against Virginia this past Saturday.

Brandon Adams came in a stopped the bleeding on that first drive. Looks like we are going to need him to play as many snaps as he can manage in this one.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Way to finish Jackets!!!!!!

BANANA DANCEBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DEVILBANANA SPLITSBANANA LHAMABARNEY HITS ITclapMECHANICAL BULLDRUNK BUDDIESRock HornsRED WINE

Two years ago we had the kick and the pick. This time it was the pick and the stick as Searcy stuck the ball over the goal line!! What an awesome way for this young team to close out the regular season. Let's hold onto this momentum as we head into a decent MEG this holiday season and finish the season with 9 wins!!

Two years ago we had the kick and the pick. This time it was the pick and the stick as Searcy stuck the ball over the goal line!! What an awesome way for this young team to close out the regular season. Let's hold onto this momentum as we head into a decent MEG this holiday season and finish the season with 9 wins!!
I starting to think back to the 2014 luck for me I have a short memory. Tech 28 uga 27

We had fewer fans celebrating over near the Band after the game, as compared to 2014. A few did go home early, but not many. Hardly any Tech fans in the 300's or up in the 600's. Loud we were though!

Since playing "The Horse" after the game is prohibited for security reasons(we had GT Police, State Patrol, etc. surrounding the contingent of members), a very hoarse BFL, Jr. was instructed to holler "yellow" on the count of three with his old man in Section 143. Yelling back "Jackets" came loudly from Sect. 144, as it went on for several minutes. Buzzy and the Cheerleaders were laying down and rubbing the letter "G" off the grass at midfield. The scoreboard previously went totally blank right after Brant Mitchell's Interception.

The Dawg faithful want a "Smart"-er head coach, already! Per the shuttle bus chatter.

We had fewer fans celebrating over near the Band after the game, as compared to 2014. A few did go home early, but not many. Hardly any Tech fans in the 300's or up in the 600's. Loud we were though!

Since playing "The Horse" after the game is prohibited for security reasons(we had GT Police, State Patrol, etc. surrounding the contingent of members), a very hoarse BFL, Jr. was instructed to holler "yellow" on the count of three with his old man in Section 143. Yelling back "Jackets" came loudly from Sect. 144, as it went on for several minutes. Buzzy and the Cheerleaders were laying down and rubbing the letter "G" off the grass at midfield. The scoreboard previously went totally blank right after Brant Mitchell's Interception.

The Dawg faithful want a "Smart"-er head coach, already! Per the shuttle bus chatter.
Glad you both enjoyed the game. Only place I will not go back to see a game.

Reactions: BornAJacket
Plenty of hedge twigs to go around....

As BFL, Jr. declared with his poster, We Run This Peach State!(I've told him it's all peanuts, now)

What great thing to experience with your son, Buzzforlife!! Thanks for sharing and To Hell With Georgia!!!!

What great thing to experience with your son, Buzzforlife!! Thanks for sharing and To Hell With Georgia!!!!
We missed sharing the home game last year, but have gone to all the others since he was 2 y.o.
No excuse for me going over there before that, so many times.
Autistic children love music, although he's grown to want the win as much as any Band Member.
Always meet neat Tech fans, too!

I think the regular guys on this site all share the same common bond. Good fathers, grandfathers and men.

Very much appreciate you and Stech81 noticing this post, your kind words toward us.

Agreed. The only turnovers or gifts they gave us, were near the end of the game. I believe Lance Austin had his pick on a third and long, so we were going to get the ball back on that last drive possibly starting appox. 25 yards(if no return or booming punt) further back. Mitchell could have knocked the last interception to the ground, with no time on the clock.

Agreed. The only turnovers or gifts they gave us, were near the end of the game. I believe Lance Austin had his pick on a third and long, so we were going to get the ball back on that last drive possibly starting appox. 25 yards(if no return or booming punt) further back. Mitchell could have knocked the last interception to the ground, with no time on the clock.
I think I remember that first one leading to an easy score for the dwags.

Before we cap off this thread(although I wish we could keep it alive for 365), please allow me to share a few sights and sounds the television does not give you wonderful Tech brethren....
1)Yes they have their nasty bunch/bunches. Some are actually civil and speak in civility tongue.
2)Remind me to go back to the second part of #1, in the future. I did find several on this trip. The majority started the conversation with me.
3)As we approached the fourth quarter and the suds hit the brain or what was left of it for the group in row 43 behind us...they cheered everything going on, woofing, barking, foaming through their mouths and noses...I heard, "it's so great to win this". I noticed our buddy in row 40 with the Clint Castleberry sweater was no longer looking back to high five us and Junior was looking a little peeked, gloomy...I kept thinking remember what we did in 17 seconds last time, remember Roddy and the third quarter, remember Jack Williams on a QB sneak at Grant Field(when we only called it that name and Bobby Dodd was still "kicking")....then a little while after that prayer, all hell started breaking loose in Hell. I know you know the rest of the story. Here is my ending when the clock went blank. I hugged Junior out in the aisle, yes all three of us could have cared less if they had a fire Marshall in the snake pit. Junior almost tackled me into a woman trying to escape with her older child. I looked over at the row 43 crew and said "it's over now and feels great to win". I usually have more class, but let's just say it has to do with the crowd you keep over in Sanford & Son. They yell right in your hearing ear on purpose all game long. Toss crap on you, even some from the pig they caught on Friday night at the shindig. One moron yelled at BFL, Jr., what is that now 3-13 against us? I told him, let's make our way over to the band now. It's time, before they become unhinged or is it called aftershock?
4)The win felt wonderful, especially watching the GT players, GT fans, faces of the opposition after remembering how they tore apart our place and stuck that red flag on our 50 yard line. The score, including Butker's extra point was sweet music to this soul of mine. I predicted 28-18, Tech, on the Hive. So what if we gave them an extra 9 points? Better this way. Not for our hearts, but for those faces of gloom!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT