ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Emotion I would like you to meet Reality

longestdays

Aug 8, 2013
I am ready to eat crow... and I hope I do

So, you don't depend on data or facts and you hate the option and you were ready for a coaching change.

Contrary to emotion, GT is not an easy school to coach and the school does not have a big budget. You want Saban's tree like Georgia don't you... don't have the money. Or the up and coming coach that wants to make take his shot at D1... do they want their one chance to be at a school with a recruiting disadvantage?

I am finding more and more local GT fans that have no clue on the difficulties at GT and the changes in the football arena that made GT even harder to win at in the last 12-14 years. APR? On track for a degree? Easy degrees? Coaches know these things and how hamstrung GT is relating to school versus football...

Kelly, do we even have the money for Clemson's OC and or the budget to support his picks for OC and DC? Would he even consider a place like GT?

This is a budget hire (keep in mind the whole coaching package cost) that can do more with less... and wants to or has to do more with less. The coach is going to ask "what is my budget for my staff".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News