ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Buzz 5/11 back to 85, transfer out

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
FOOTBALL

GT's need for scholarship space was handled at the conclusion of spring ball.

R-Fr OT Michael Preddy is no longer on the football team and he will be transferring to another school with the blessing of CPJ. Preddy was not in the two-deep and barely in the three-deep at OT and moving to defense was not an option that was any better for him or GT.

With Preddy gone, GT is at 85 again with JHD coming back on scholarship.

One other player may be a medical DQ, but I’m waiting on some more confirmation before I put his name out there.

FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Four-star DT Nyles Pinckney has GT in his final 8 and GT is one of three schools he plans to visit before his decision. He is planning to visit both UGA and GT. Clemson is in the mix along with FSU, Bama, Duke, UF, and UVA. He eliminated UNC and Miami, GT is poised to be in the final five and possibly final three.

With Preddy gone, GT will aim to sign three OLs in the 2016 class now and finding a center to be a long-term replacement for Freddie Burden and Andrew Marshall is a key priority. I think the center may come from summer camp where CMS, CRR and CPJ can put the kids through their specific drills.

HOOPS

Signee Sylvester Ogbonda impressed at the 42nd Capital Classic going up against Georgetown signee Jessie Govan.

Potential transfer forward Tyler Harris is visiting Oklahoma State now through Wednesday. He was with AU this past week, Bruce Pearl coached his brother Tobias Harris who is now in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News