ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs. UNC

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. UNC. These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

The resiliency. Whatever challenge was set out for the team was met with anger and determination, particularly on the offensive side. I haven’t witnessed OL domination like this since 2014 vs UGA. Let’s get into it:

giphy.gif

Our defense beat themselves so much on alignment and assignment. CPL, You are the middle safety VS a 3x1 set. We are doing a double bracket defense where #1 Brooks will help bracket the first underneath inside threat & #5 CPL will take the first deep inside threat. There is no need to move to his left bc all the action is coming from his right. If He stays in the middle reading the QB eyes this would be an INT

giphy.gif

CBF knew coming in that UNC has played some man/Quarters based defense. We utilized motion to determine the coverage and create mismatches. When King said this GT type win I guess math our way to some TDs. Anytime we saw 3v3 on the outside it was automatic throw. You only have to make one guy miss for a TD like we did here. Great RAC by Rutherford

giphy.gif

False steps here by #44 Efford to the left when the play is going right takes him out the play and a terrible angle by Brooks. 2 unblocked guys should stop this play

giphy.gif

Excellent play call and execution vs man coverage. Seither showed some speed after the hesitation to let the rub routes clear. Excellent protection all game by the OL. Kaimon Rucker came in the game as the nation leader in pressure. 0 sacks and 0 TFL.

giphy.gif

Just wanted to show the OL love. Look at the pocket and protection. Flawless! The ACC media needs to correct the 100M time for Singleton. He’s a 10.2 guy not 10.6

GT doesn’t just mean Georgia Tech. It mean Guard & Tackle series. This had to be our special of the week. We ran the GT RPO, read option, counter, and play action off of it to perfection

giphy.gif

We’ve run this series 3yrs iar and have had success vs. UNC with it. Easy read here. 3v3 with the 3rd guy being a deep qtr safety. Just have to make 1 guy and Malik does just that for the TD

giphy.gif

At some point, our unblocked defenders have to make a play. Rule 1- you can’t tackle what you can’t see. #14 King head is down attempting to make a tackle. This play has to be made

giphy.gif

Good stop here. We run a cover 0 (no safeties deep) blitz here. Good job by Kennard not rushing too far upfield creating a lane. Good job falling back inside for the sack

giphy.gif

CGC level punt pro by UNC. Great job by Jannah being an athlete and swimming by the up man for the block.

giphy.gif

One area Haynes has to clean up is predetermining throws. No disrespect but there is no way I’m ever forcing the ball to Benson. This play has a post by Boyd, a crosser by Benson, and a flat by Lane. Boyd is open for a TD if thrown deep down the hash, Lane is open in the flat for a nice gain, but we throw to the guy that is triple teamed lol
giphy.gif

I highlight this bc of the players frustration Brooks is signaling they need to hurry and get the play in

giphy.gif

Very next play, we are still misaligned. There appear to be miscommunication on who is the middle LB bc they both align as if the have number 3 in coverage leaving a light box and backside b gap wide open

4th QUARTER GT OL DOMINATION!!!!

giphy.gif

#65 Corey Robinson entered the game in the beginning of 4th at LT and he starts the drive by paying homage to CPJ by attempting to cut block. This is by far the worst cut block I’ve ever seen lol. Again if we get 3v3 we are throwing the screen.

giphy.gif

Running inside zone. Great kick out block by Robinson and Leonard. If you wondered why Weston Franklin won ACC OL of the week just look at that pancake in the middle of the field.

giphy.gif

Pretty much stealing here. Again 3v3 equal screen . Also good job getting that pass behind the LOS (barely) so the WRs can block without getting OPI

giphy.gif

Here is the GT read option. Great blocks by Franklin & Scags turning the DL like a secret bookshelf door in a haunted mansion. What made the series so successful is that it caused the LBs to overpursue leave holes in the A-gap

giphy.gif

It’s rarely pretty with our defense but this was a huge stop. We decided to go man vs their empty set which put Tatum on the edge guarding the RB. Good job by Tatum avoiding the poor attempt at a block by the RB and getting UNC off the field

giphy.gif

GT read Option. Good job by Robinson and Fusile on sealing the DTs. The Pulling action caused the LB for UNC to over pursue leaving a huge void in the middle. Good decision to pull by Haynes for a big gain. He’s off to the races

giphy.gif

Look at this surge by the OL washing the DL down and great by Scaglione climbing up to the LB for the key block. It is 8yds later until Donte is touched

giphy.gif

The Exclamation point- we have split inside zone here. This is how you end a game. The entire left side: Dylan, Corey, Joe absolutely mauls the defenders into the dirt. They probably could’ve had another TD if Smith wasn’t smart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News