ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs NIU

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. NIU These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

giphy.gif

Here is the quick hike power O I’ve been discussing. Our Freshman DE Robinson gets caught playing high and pays toll for his ride downtown. The unblocked LB (Charlie Thomas) can’t get over the top and Juanyah takes a bad pursuit angle on the speedy back.

giphy.gif

This is where i thought we would see the progression of Sims. Here we have a 6 man blitz vs 5 man out in our base Mesh concept. This is one of the times we have the perfect call and they have the perfect blitz attacking our protection. It’s just who will make a play. I thought this is where Jeff clinic training of pocket presence or his ability to avoid the pressure would help. Nope. He’s feet gets Criss-cross applesauce and delivers a bad ball. Imo, the pass should’ve been to his TE or to Carter sitting in the middle

giphy.gif

Tales of the OL struggles and JP. All upperclassman!!!! At the LOS, you KC & Minihan get beat on a double team. Minihan ends up on the ground. You also have a 200lb LB beat Hoss and throw him out the way. Mason on the chip and release leaves a lot be desired. That’s BS effort if you ask me

giphy.gif

I’m not a QB guru, but I’m certain that those are not good lower body mechanics by Jeff. That looks like an all arm throw going from opposite hash to outside the numbers. Someone more informed let me know if I’m wrong

more to come later

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News