ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs. Miami

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. Miami. These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

This game was about playing a full 60min and the defense being able to bounce back from adversity this week. The most noticeable adjustment this week on defense was something myself & @Kelly Quinlan i mentioned wk 1 was getting Moala out of the MLB position. This allowed him to flow freely without having OL in his face every play

giphy.gif

Read & react defense definition has definitely been modified in the minds of GT fans due to previous DCs, but here is a great job by Moala & Sims seeing it, believing what they see and reacting to it. This was a big confidence booster for the much maligned defense

The offense has been stuck in a rut a bit partially bc of how overly aggressive defenses been playing us. We utilize motion and counter action to create match ups vs. Da U man coverage

giphy.gif

Though i believe #12 Blaylock should’ve attempted to run a drag or spot route in the area of the guy in man coverage, this is a helluva play by Miami. That’s just a playmaker making a play

giphy.gif

The second biggest adjustment from the D was the communication. You could hear the safeties telling where they would be positioned to the rest of the defense. You could hear the safety scream “sky right” signaling he’s coming down in the box over the strong side usually to the TE. As a LB hearing that, i know i can take 2 steps over to the left line and align over the DE with that safety coming in the box like that. #7 Tatum is misaligned which forces the poor angle but being unblocked he should have a TFL here. Good job by Harvey coming up, breaking down, and making the tackle in space

giphy.gif

Again, i can’t remember the last time our defense has played on string like this. Great zone coverage by Moala. He has the curl/flat. He stays down the hash as his read, which is who is ever the eligible #2 receiver to his side which is the RB, checks and release to flat. The perfect job here is he didn’t immediately run to the flat until the ball was thrown bc that would open a window for a curl or in breaking route in the area he vacated. Now look at beautiful vice tackle by the LB& CB to get it to 3rd and medium

giphy.gif

Great job by #1 Brooks reading the QB eyes as the deep middle safety. Looked very Morgan Burnett-esque here. As @Russell Johnson alluded, this is the first game Brooks looked healthy and he played like it

giphy.gif

Clinic tape here. This is the funky coverage i talked about last week called 3 Cloud. the CBs are in flats and the nickel drops back and takes care of the deep 3rd. Look at how underneath guys are rerouting WR & passing routes off to the next zone guy. CPL has to make this pick. Good job by Lee squeezing the post and undercutting it bc there is no room behind him for WR to go

giphy.gif

Miami O telegraphed their plays all night with the RB alignment. I wish i could phone down to the sideline and the tell the guys that bc that would’ve saved us a TD. We got a mesh wheel play by Miami. It’s covered pretty well except for one person and that’s #7 Tatum. There is no ball fake, so there is no need to take that much of a read step. He should be in the middle of the field a yard 1st down line limiting the visibility of this throw

giphy.gif

I believe this is 2/3 wks our CBs have done a good job as Cov 2 CBs mid pointing flat and corner route and getting the INT

Not a great day King but he got it done he it counted. The rain played big role in some throws in the game

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Twice it appears the ball is either slipping out of his hands on relatively easy throws. Fortunately we scored on both drives

giphy.gif

Now this is the toughness and want to Key preaches. I love watching Haynes run with the ball. Great job by #2 Leonard leading the way and taking out 2 guys

giphy.gif

Blown assignment by CPL. We are in 3 cloud again and he’s responsible for the middle deep 3rd. He doesn’t appear to get any depth or eyes on the routes which allows thd post to be open. If played correctly, this is another bad read and/or INT

Based on the number defensive clips, you guys can guess how well i thought of the defensive performance. If we play even somewhat like this, then we will have chance to win every game left on the schedule. Great penetration by #99 Douse forcing the RB lateral and good job the LB& CB finishing home

giphy.gif

Another great job by the DL occupying the OL squarely so that one of the LBs would be free (depending on the who the RB picks up). Great job the LBs timing this blitz and not tipping it as Moala gets thru unabated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News