ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs Bowling Green

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. BG. These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

Pain is the only way i can describe Saturday. I’ll get some offensive clips in but i want to focus heavily on the defensive and the number “3”

giphy.gif

Highlighting the positives. CBF has done a really good job utilizing motion and formation to
Scheme our playmaker open. Jet motion into the boundary gives us a blocker for each defender and easy yardage.

giphy.gif

Same principle. Using the jet motion and read option to freeze the defense to allow our speedy wr to outflank the defense for an easy TD

****VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED****

Watching these clips you get the feeling a demotion wasn’t enough. We have guys playing defense that doesn’t either know the calls, what keys to be reading or where to be in their run or pass fit

giphy.gif

3rd down and we are in a zone coverage. So why is #14 King carrying that crosser across the field instead of passing it off. Look where the ball is thrown. The area he vacated

giphy.gif

As former WLB, if they are in shotgun and the back is front of you, you are slow playing the going away from you anticipating cutback or QB keep. LB gets to far inside and gets washed down inside. The bigger issue is #1 Brooks and the rest of the DBs? Why are you waiting on the ball carrier instead of filling the hole? What is Sims doing in his attempt to tackle? That is not the toughness and aggressiveness we preach

giphy.gif

We got zone here. This is tough on the LB due to the false keys the play give with the pulling OL. This is cover 1 meaning all the man assigned players have outside leverage. DBs: are we fighting to stay blocks or defeating blocks? Hard to tell on this play

giphy.gif

Just continue to smh. For One this cushion needs to be cut down to about 5-6yds instead being 8 on a 3rd and 10. We talked about this in the summer of what’s a flat foot read? In the cover 1 hole off man defense, the DBs is outside leverage and they funnel everything inside to the “hole” LB and middle safety. He should be seeing his man but also the QB out of his peripheral to anticipate the throw based on the drop and where the QB shoulders turn. The QB takes a gather step and turn his shoulders immediately. The nickle should be driving on that slant immediately

giphy.gif

Just bad all around. #44 Efford needs to fill off of the DE butt. #7 Tatum needs to stay in his feet, and Brooks takes another horrible angle and gets put thru the rinse cycle

giphy.gif

Amazing how we look when fit the run and attempt to get off blocks

I thought #10 Haynes King was off a bit

Here is some miscommunication between Benson & King which imo happens more often than

giphy.gif

This is i believe is option route to the TE. Tight man run the wheel off man run the out or
Hook up in the open area. King expect the out and Benson runs the wheel
giphy.gif

So your assignment!!!! In no world should the CB be going inside of a blocker. If he’s stays outside, you got CPL there to fill the alley and you force a 3rd & medium. Also, why you letting the QB block you? That’s the moment you blow him up not play party cake

giphy.gif

This was the back breaker imo. Good job by BG showing the overload blitz. You either have to chuck it early or take the sack at the 35 for a long FG.

giphy.gif

Prime example of not what you’re doing or where you are going.
1- on the run #44 Efford read key pulled so he should be flowing to
The right and not stepping in into the gap
2- #44 Efford is responsible the RB if he come out to his side so this is a double whammy

giphy.gif

Football is math. BG is in 3x1 to the back to the 3 WR side. The QB sees it’s 4 defenders for 3 WR so this will be definitely a run. As a weak side LB in gun strong look and the DL slanting to the side the RB, I KNOW i have to get to the backside B gap and based on the slanting i should be untouched. This is horrible angle by both #13 Moala & #14 King. We two unblocked guys and neither touches the RB. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

giphy.gif

A pre determined throw by King. Good job by BC CB rerouting and sinking back into the zone. King needs to wait a few more seconds so that Cooley can get to the flat to get that high low read on the CB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.