ADVERTISEMENT

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field for the Spring Game. I was doing a voice over but the editing bc too much.

These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

First and foremost, we need to understand that Spring Practice is about teaching the base of your scheme, identifying the leaders withinyour program, and developing the team with the only 1on1 time they will receive.

My summation of what a CDP offense is zone read base scheme with passing scheme that will stress each level of the the field

A CGC/CAT/CNB defense wants to play single high safety leverage base defense everything played inside out forcing the ball to the unblocked defender.

Let’s get started!!!!!

Spacing concept-

giphy.gif

This concept is designed to take advantage of the “space” in the zones vertically and horizontally. I’m give Sims the benefit of the doubt and say this was give Gibbs his touches so we can shut him down type of pass bc there is a busted coverage on defense. There are 2 flat defenders leaving the TE on the corner route and spot route WR wide open. Lets hope he make the correct read in the game.

Gibbs 0-100 real quick!!!
giphy.gif

Jah shows why he’s a premier talent in one clip. On the counter play, you see the patience then the explosion as soon as the TE makes his block for 10yds

LB position may be in good hands-

giphy.gif

Spring may not tell you a lot about your team but movement and instincts are hard to hide when you watch. My biggest takeo from the game was Ace is what the doctor ordered and Tatum will have some upperclassmen looking over their shoulders. On this play, we see basic LB fundamentals from Eley. He shuffles with his read key the puller, but more importantly, he mirrors the shoulders of the RB and keeps himself in position to fill and tackle.

Here is Tatum, flowing and finding the ball

giphy.gif

Tatum making plays at or behind the LOS and looking exactly like he did in his highlight tape as an early enrollee
giphy.gif

Tatum and Eley also show they are no slouches at reading eyes and being disruptive in the pass game. Both of these should’ve been INTs

Tatum does a great job spying the QB and getting into the passing lane. Sims never sees him
giphy.gif

Ely does the same on a pass that should be a pick 9/10
giphy.gif

Chayden Peery is someone i believe who possess the ability, the command and i feel he could challenge for the #2 spot during the season. Not bad for someone who hasn’t played competitively for 16months

This is perfect ball on this slot fade and, imo, should be a catch.

giphy.gif

Kevin Harris is another guy we should be excited about this season. I’m really enjoying the iron sharpening iron with the DLvsOL. Here we have Harris on a run stunt to the A gap and he tracks BJS down for the stop
giphy.gif

Sticks Concept:

Pretty self-explanatory name that is designed to stretch the defense horizontally usual a 1st down play. Why did i choose this play? Bc this is what we need from the TE group to be successful. Making contested catches and moving the chains.
giphy.gif

Here’s a good ball here by Yates. Read the CB “trapping” any out breaking routes. Hit Carter in the soft spot of the Cover 2. Good job by Carter for holding onto the ball. It’s imperative he reduces his drops. OTOH, bad alignment by the safety. He should be at least on the hash at the snap of the ball to have chance on that vertical route
giphy.gif

2 BACKS!!!! Just wanted to show the 2 back fiends some love
giphy.gif

Improved fundamentals and timing:

That is one of the most noticeable improvements i saw outta the offense, in particular, on jet motion. I felt we had the worst timing on jet sweeps of any spread team in America and we couldn’t sell the window dressing bc it was all clunky to say the least. Having that down freezes the defense and adds a little more fire power to our offense.
Ex:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I love see a pocket for our QB. Let’s pray a for new level of success for the OL, so Sims can operate like this in the fall. Good job also by not leading the TE into the safety

giphy.gif

Mesh Concept- This is our bread butter. Double
Drags that are essentially pick routes along, a RB wheel and the X WR on a post. With time this should beat every coverage
giphy.gif

Who said CDP is not creative?!?! I believe we see more this type stuff in the fall by finding ways to
get our playmakers the ball. Here we have the same Mesh concept with McCollum at RB on the Wheel route. This should be a win every time
giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News