ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach - Scouting Thomas Castellanos

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Big game this week vs. Boston College and the key to continuing the momentum we have will be stopping Castellanos.

What i expect to see:

-Moving the pocket- With Thomas being a shorter QB, BC will move the pocket to create passing windows for him to throw into. This also is a 2 way go for him. If doesn’t see it being open, he can then run

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(Given examples of what we need to do vs what not to do)

One of the big emphasis for GT this week should be contains. This is something our DEs have struggled with in the past. Losing contain not only extends plays like shown in the Louisville clip but it also allows TC to use his most dangerous weapons, which is his legs.

- A phrase from the past “Assignment Football”
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don’t think our defense needs to practice without a football this week, but it is imperative that we play with proper run fits and do our assignments. CBK stole my thunder in his press conference, but one of BC favorite plays is the QB counter. This is a play that caused us issues vs. Bowling Green. If you see a 3x1 Saturday set expect to see this play to the single receiver side. Also expect to see QB draw if they go empty.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(Both bad)
The same applies for the read option- We need our LBs to play fast & but not be in a hurry. Read your keys and attack your assigned gap.

To spy or not spy? After reviewing some games, my answer would be no to very little. If i was calling the defense, i would send pressure from both the field and boundary considering that want to rollout and naked bootlegs. If you make him panic or get off his read, he will try to force the ball to his WRs leading to INTs

giphy.gif

No groundbreaking analysis, but if we bring the same defense from Miami to BDS@HF Saturday afternoon then we should be all singing the fight song after the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News