ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching vs. Jimmys & Joes

AlaskaGT3

Gold Member
Jun 14, 2009
Four games in for GT, what are your thoughts? There have been quite a few comments in various threads on coaching versus talent, but I thought it would be good to have it in one place. Yes, we are currently 3-1, but I have to say I’m a little conflicted because in spite of that, both coaching and talent have been lacking at various times this season. Louisville hopefully shows us a positive trajectory for this team.

Defense: There’s been a lot of love and high expectations for Tyler Santucci, but so far, I have to say I’m a little underwhelmed. I didn’t exactly expect miracles, but frankly, I expected better than what we have seen; hopefully on par with what he did at Duke last year. Can anyone argue that Duke last year had more talent than what CTS has to work with here?

Are GT’s issues with no pass rush and soft coverage due to talent, or is it scheme and game planning? Is CBK “meddling” and holding CTS back, as some have alluded?

Offense: We returned most of our production on offense, and all we’ve heard about is how deep and experienced our O-line is this year, yet at times we’ve been soft and have struggled.

As with most things, there’s plenty of blame to go around, but what thoughts do you have on what we have to do to be better?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.