ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Coaching Rumors 12/3

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So where to start, where to start, been burning up the phones all night talking to multiple sources at various places.

On Ken Whisenhunt, he is having some doubts about the GT job and the fit and he is also been approached by at least one NFL team that is interested in him as a HC in the offseason. Given the public outcry, the lack of college experience recently and the ease of transition, the NFL wins that easily and he may just sit it out and let Stansbury find someone else.

That someone else may be Temple coach Geoff Collins who is playing every angle he can to get the GT job. While Collins did burn bridges here (according to everyone who was here at the time, I was not), he does know how to do the job. GOL is asserting his influence for Collins and all of GOLs people who are tight with Stansbury as well as GOL himself are trying to push for this. I'm starting to hear rumblings coming from people who are not Collins-related that he is a serious candidate now.

Collins' DC worked for Bohannon at KSU and for GOL at UCF Andrew Thacker while his OC came from Coastal Carolina. His name is Dave Patenaude. His offense is WAYYYY different than GT's, much more like a NFL offense with some spread concepts, but they use a fullback at times and 22 and 21 personnel.

On Tony Elliott, no one has talked to him, I wish you people would give this a rest please. Hell Elliott doesn't even have an agent. He has no person to even set up an interview.

Scott Satterfield is headed to Louisville, Nate Woody is a potential candidate, but I've heard that Dwayne Ledford is going to get the job, he is the OL coach at NC State and a former App State guy and from North Carolina (Asheville).

Woody has been contacted about several jobs, but he is not going with Satterfield to Louisville per my sources. Woody would like to stay here IF GT hires someone who wants him to stay, but the clock is ticking.

Stansbury had wanted this buttoned up before the recruiting weekend this weekend, GT will have several OVs, but it may not happen.

Stay tuned, this is the latest news, things can change on a dime or with a phone call or text....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News