ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Coaches Speak: Opposing coaches sound off on new RB commit Antonio Martin

Russell Johnson

Recruiting Analyst / Managing Editor
Staff
May 19, 2016
I spent some time last night talking to a group of high school coaches that have matched up with Langston Hughes and new RB Antonio Martin the last few years.

In the past I have typically talked to the HS coaches, but in this scenario I opted to do this one a bit different and talk to the opposing coaches.

All coaches opted to remain anonymous.

"He's a big task to prepare for. He is big and physical but also has speed that makes him elite."

"He's a great pass blocker, and can catch the ball out of the back field as well."

"He's a dog. Straight up, a dog. That is one of the only kids I will say that about, with no hesitation."

"When we played Langston last year and beat them, we beat them because they didn't have any offense outside of Antonio. The entire offense was him, and he was able to find a way to put up 28 points. He tried single-handedly to beat us. I think he ran for like over 250, which was the most we gave up to anyone all year. We loaded up the box and still couldn't stop him.

"You'll have him bottled up at the line of scrimmage, thinking you got him locked down, and then he squirts out and is GONE. You wouldn't think it looking at him, but when he gets to that second level, he's running away from a lot of good football players."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News