ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 10 of 14 (Nov. 5)

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Week 9 Recap: Congrats to RyanS12 who finished with a 7-3 weekend. Only Buzzforlife at 6-4 had the other winning run. The standings are pretty tight at the top with 5 alcoholic lesbians within 3 games of one another. I think it is fairly obvious that all 5 of them are cheating. Just sayin'. Speaking of, just a reminder that bribes are still allowed and in fact, encouraged.

Standings thru Week 9:

SPRITE6 51-36 (58.6%)
BornAJacket 49-38 (56.3%)
stech81 48-39 (55.2%)
Texwood 48-39 (55.2%)
RyanS12 48-39 (55.2%)
BFLJr 40-47 (46.0%)
Buzzforlife 40-47 (46.0%)
GTJT622 38-49 (43.7%)

Week 10 games and spreads below. All games on Saturday this week so please get the picks in via reply by 11am Saturday. Thanks.

Game 1: 11:30am (CBS) Navy vs Notre Dame
-6.5 at Jacksonville

Game 2: 12:00 (ESPN-2) #5 Louisville
-25.0 at Boston College

Game 3: 12:30 (ACC Network) Ga Tech at #18 Cheaters

Game 4: 12:30 (ACC Network) Pittsburgh at Miami -3.5

Game 5: 3:00 (RSN) Virginia at Wake Forest -3.0

Game 6: 3:30 (ESPN-U) #23 Va Tech -11.5 at Duke

Game 7: 3:30 (ABC) Syracuse at #3 Clemson

Game 8: 7:00 (ESPN-U) #19 Florida State -6.0 at NC State

Game 9: 8:00 (ABC) #9 Nebraska at #6 Ohio State

Game 10: 8:00 (CBS) #1 Alabama -7.5 at #15 LSU

Last edited:
I thought cheating was Ok unc does it .

1) ND -6.5
2) BC +25
3) NC -10.5
4) Miami -3.5
5) WF -3
6) Clemson -27
7) VT -11.5
8) FSU -6
9) Nebraska +17
10) Alabama -7.5

Bonus Question How many pass attempts will unc have this week ? 56

Hmmm...BAJ and stech getting into the clubhouse early to start drinking. Makes sense. DRUNK BUDDIES

The Cheaters average 36.5 pass attempts per game. Tech's opponents' average 30.5 pass attempts per game so far this season. Our opponents' average running about 66 offensive plays per game.

Hmmmm...I'll go with the under 56, mate.

Suffice to say that I have been polling at Shorty Howell Park. Long line at 7 a.m., however only 3,937 ballots were cast in the first two days of early voting, Saturday and Monday. Very small quarters, but extremely in order. No lawsuits will be filed by this voter.

On to the importance of this fine day(one of the bottom three, who are not lesbians-I never imagined it would benefit me to be on the tail end)....

1)Navy
2)BC
3)GT
4)Pitts
5)WF
6)Duke
7)Syracuse
8)NC St
9)Nebraska(so tempting to take OSU here)
10)Alabamie(see game 9, temptation to take the homers of tiger Den)

First foursome is in the clubhouse.

Mine...

Navy (last team with the ball wins this high scoring affair...beats the hell out of that boring snooze-fest they had in JAX last Saturday)

Louisville (Cards win big one week and then squeak out a win the next...this is the week to win big)

Ga Tech (Cheaters win high scoring affair, but Jackets stay under double digits...with chance to win outright if the defense can create some turnovers)

Pitt (Panthers will score 30-something and Miami will score 30-something...taking the points in a game that will come down to who has the ball last)

Virginia (flipped a coin)

Va Tech (games have been very close the last 3 years...this Duke team isn't nearly as good though)

Syracuse (Clemson plays to the level of its competition again)

NC State (Pack plays the Noles tough at home)

Ohio State (Nebraska is completely overrated...Buckeyes expose them with the best offense the Huskers have seen...and perhaps, by far...OSU needs to make a statement after a lethargic 24-20 win over NWern last weekend)

LSU (Bengals at home on a Saturday night?...I'll take the points...Bama wins a close one)

5 in the clubhouse...

rs_500x237-140423135255-tumblr_inline_mxqy5jAPoL1r023dt.gif

...3 still out on the course...

9.gif

Navy-BC-GT-Miami-Wake-VPI-Cuse-NCState-Braska-Bama.
Is it my imagination or does this thread just disappear for hours at a time?

BFL, Jr.
------------

-Navy, straight up by 1(31-30).
-Louisville, covers, wins by 35(49-14).
-G.T., straight up by 7(49-42).
-Miami, covers, wins by 7(38-31).
-Wake Forest, covers, wins by 14(35-21).
-Va. Tech, covers, wins by 17(47-30).
-Clemson, covers, wins by 35(56-21).
-F.S.U., covers, wins by 14(42-28).
-Nebraska, although Ohio St. wins by 7.
-L.S.U., straight up, wins by 6(41-35).

Bonus pick, take Kentucky. They win 31-24. Wildman Ernie Brown & Neal James, dance together.

Thank you!

Bump...breaker 1-9, Texwood, gotcha ears on there, good buddy?

Bump...breaker 1-9, Texwood, gotcha ears on there, good buddy?

Work has blown up on me in a big bad way. Hint - don't ever take a high level management position in a Korean company. It sucks. Holding out hope I can put some thought into these picks before the deadline. Put zero thought into last week's picks and that didn't go so well. Life sucks sometimes.

No worries, mate. Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget. Post 'em when you are ready of course. stech81 asked me a few weeks ago if he could post his after the games were over. I told him he could, but he still might miss a few. He drinks a lot you know.

Work has blown up on me in a big bad way. Hint - don't ever take a high level management position in a Korean company. It sucks. Holding out hope I can put some thought into these picks before the deadline. Put zero thought into last week's picks and that didn't go so well. Life sucks sometimes.
I have not worked for a Korean company but have worked for a company that the owner talked funny. Kind of like they do in England ( you know what I mean they don't talk Southern English) But some people have a hard time understanding me when I drink I speak Southern Drunk English.
The company I worked for did some work at the Kia plant in Lagrange they were Korean and at 7;30 they made their people exercise not sure why.

Army is a 1-pt favorite at home versus Air Force this weekend. If the Fly Boys can get the W on the road, they win the CIC Trophy again. If Army wins it, they have a shot at their first CICT in 20 years with a win on Dec. 10th in Baltimore over the Mids. A win over the Mids would also break a nasty 14-game losing streak in that series.

I'm rooting for the Fighting Monkens tomorrow. Would love to see the Army-Navy game with a little more riding on it...especially, for the long-suffering USMA fans. Army defeated both the USAFA and USNA in 1996. Since then, they have 2 wins over the USAFA and 2 wins over the USNA.

4 CFB plays I'm locked in now for Saturday FWIW...

11:30am (CBS) Navy-Notre Dame over 64.5...this game has played to very high totals the last few years and I see more of the same in a fun shootout in Jax

12:30 (ACC Network) Ga Tech-UNC over 61.5...this series has also played to very high totals and I see more of the same at Chapel Hell as well...neither team plays strong defense (Tech is just trying to get to consistently mediocre remember ;))...and both offenses should have a lot of fun

12:30 (ACC Network) Pitt-Miami over 57.5...Pitt will score in the 30's and Pitt's opponent will score in the 30's...it's what they do...I see no reason for that formula to end now

3:30 (ESPN-U) Va Tech -11 over Duke...Duke's top RB is out...Hokies play much better defense than the Jackets...Hokies offense is much better than the Jackets...spread should be closer to 21...blowout!

Tempted and may play it later in the day...

7:30 (SEC Network) Kentucky +2.5 over Cesspool...wrong team is favored here...don't think the Cesspool should be laying points on the road to hardly anybody this season

Hit both the Falcons -3.5 and OVER 51 last night. Woohoo!

1 NFL play this Sunday. 4-team 6-pt teaser...(roughly 5:2 odds)...gotta win 'em all...

Steelers +8.5 over Ravens (just too many pts in what should be a very close game)
Browns +13 over Cowpunks (Cowgirls D is banged up...Browns play everybody tough, especially at home)
Lions +12 over Vikings (Vikes' O-Line is horrible...low-scoring game makes it difficult for the Vikes to run away from Detroit by more than double digits)
Packers -1 over Colts (Rodgers & crew are getting on a bit of a roll...can't see them losing at home)

Pretty good crowd at Georgia State's game last night...

CwYofpJWEAQiVO1.jpg:large

...I know they are supposed to be moving to Turner Field or something like that moving forward. Which, of course, begs the question...if Georgia State Football plays a game at Turner Field, will anybody notice or even care?

I seriously don't know how this program continues to live. I think GSU made a bunch of idiotic decisions to try running way before they could even crawl. They should be a D1AA program in a smaller stadium and compete against programs like Mercer and Kennesaw State. Instead of being the prostitutes they are.

Really stupid if you ask me.

Pretty good crowd at Georgia State's game last night...

CwYofpJWEAQiVO1.jpg:large

...I know they are supposed to be moving to Turner Field or something like that moving forward. Which, of course, begs the question...if Georgia State Football plays a game at Turner Field, will anybody notice or even care?

I seriously don't know how this program continues to live. I think GSU made a bunch of idiotic decisions to try running way before they could even crawl. They should be a D1AA program in a smaller stadium and compete against programs like Mercer and Kennesaw State. Instead of being the prostitutes they are.

Really stupid if you ask me.

Living off the increase in student athletic fees and big paychecks from those Power 5 teams.

As a heads up, regarding our fun little contest here, going into the final week I may ask that whoever is in first place post their picks first, whoever is in 2nd place post their picks next, and so forth...

...this way, it gives those behind a chance to differ on some picks with hopes to win. Should add a little more drama if it indeed comes down to that. We'll see.

I mean, I know you all want to win the grand prize of my lifelong collection ball of toe jam as well as an old, warped Van Halen II cassette tape I found under one of the captain's chairs recently in my 1998 Mercury Villager. Rock on! Rock Horns

Can I borrow or have Ginger's oldest chew toy, if I solidify last place?

BFL, Jr. will have no problem picking seventh like this week. He never looks at our picks. Keeps notes on the iPad from everything ESPN has said/written from the entire season. He tapes the Gameday videos, while we are at these noon games. I call him the real Mr. Collegiate Football.

As a heads up, regarding our fun little contest here, going into the final week I may ask that whoever is in first place post their picks first, whoever is in 2nd place post their picks next, and so forth...
Rock Horns

We may all be submitting on Friday next week

Last place gets 2 season tickets to Braves games next year.

;)
I will donate four tickets to the GSU vs. GSU game coming up. I put two on my windshield under the wipers before the Arky. St. game last night. Came back out and found four after the game. Insert smiley face here.

One of my associates shared this stat with me this morning and I was so amazed by it that I had to look it up myself to verify...

...with a win Saturday night at home over the Cesspool, the Kentucky Wildcats will clinch a winning SEC record for the first time since 1977. That's almost 40 years!!

Talk about motivation to create a bit of history for UK Foosball. I knew they had sucked over the years...but, that stat still makes my jaw drop a bit. Since 1977, every other P5 football program has posted at least 1 winning conference record.

tumblr_lu2z2llMhD1qgt8s1.gif

GO CATS!!

Thank you, sir. Now, get back to work. Make radios.

No unanimous picks this week. stech81 is the only one going with the Cheaters laying 10.5 over the Good Guys.

Thank you, sir. Now, get back to work. Make radios.

No unanimous picks this week. stech81 is the only one going with the Cheaters laying 10.5 over the Good Guys.
I say he is a Witch lets hang the Witch.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh wait a minute I'm stech81.

Go Big Blue! You are a football school for this Saturday.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stech81 and Melanie are old bee Hivers, always taking one for the team. She is so infrequent, I'm not sure they aren't one in the same?

Paranoia, that doesn't mean they are still not out to get me. Insert another smiley face here.

This was a tough week all the way around.

The winning picker kissed his sister(5-5, me?). BFL, Jr. doesn't even have a sister(5-5, also). GT faces the humiliating thought of losing by four TD's to a team the Mutts beat in the Dome. Speaking of the latter, they defeat the 'Cats at the end after trailing much of the game. Not to mention my GSU Panthers lost in that same Dome, to an embarrassing turnout.

Any other bad news? The clock won't turn back an hour?

Proud of my 5-5 week. If you don't hear from me by the deadline next week ( I'll be cruising, literally ), put me down with all the favorites please GTJT!

SPRITE6, that's big 10-4 there, good buddy. Enjoy the cruising.

Pick of the week unfortunately goes to stech81 who was the only one to take the Tar Holes.

Congrats to Air Force, who has once again won another CIC Trophy.

The clock in the car took me an hour to set(that takes care of the hour gained). It had advanced 20 minutes ahead over the last 6 months.Lesson learned. Old cars have old parts. Reminds me of what I see in the mirror.

We are going to upset Va. Tech! I haven't figured out how, just yet. Like Andy Griffith said, "It's Football".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT