ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick 'Em Contest: Week 12 of 14 (Nov. 19)

Texwood

Jul 27, 2015
Let's see if we can get this thing over the finish line, mates!!

Week 11 Recap:
Buzzforlife matched this season's best performance for any given week with an eye popping 8-2 record! Congratulations, Buzzforlife! Hot on his heels was his namesake, BFL, Jr. at 7-3, good show young man! Most of us wound up at a truly middling 5-5. Being beyond the reach of the interweb, SPRITE6 took all the favorites while cruising on open waters. While the favorites finished at only 3-7 last week, I'm thinking SPRITE6 won the week

Standings through week 11:

SPRITE6 59-48 (55%)
BornAJacket 58-49 (54%)
stech81 58-49 (54%)
RyanS12 58-49 (54%)
Texwood 56-51 (52%)
Buzzforlife 53-54 (50%)
BFL, Jr. 52-55 (49%)

Week 12 games and spreads below:

Game 1: 12:00 Ohio State -22 at Michigan State

Game 2: 12:30 Virginia at Georgia Tech -11

Game 3: 12:30 Miami -3 at NC State

Game 4: 3:00
Duke at Pitt -7.5

Game 5: 3:30
Florida State -21 at Syracuse

Game 6: 3:30
Washington State at Colorado -4.5

Game 7: 3:30
Virginia Tech at Notre Dame -1

Game 8: 7:00
Clemson -22.5 at Wake Forest

Game 9: 7:00
Arkansas at Mississippi State -2

Game 10: 8:00
Oklahoma -3 at West Virginia

Last edited:
Texwood, you are the man! I had pulled up that page earlier tonight in which they have about ten services grouped together, to form a "line" on each game such as one team is minus a certain number and the other is plus the same number with the service on the far left. I never got around to placing it on here along with the stats from last week combined or calculating the percentages. So, if you need help for Week 13-just let me know. I'm not turning my back on you guys, we are shell shocked. I am in the camp that was in the 8% crack of not getting Single-Payer Obama Care, but Hillary would have pushed Medicare down to 55 which would have included me(I'm pushing 58, needing attention). Bernie had her take 2/3 of his platform which would have eased my mind on issues for my son. Plus, Trump has threatened parts of SSI Medicaid, which would affect BFL, Jr. Not only us, but I fear many other ideologies for the rest of our country. Dems. need to be more progressive if they want the minimum wage increased to 15$ an hour. Has to be more give and take reaching across the aisle. Sorry if I offend anyone here, although this election has torn my boy up and his special classmates. Poor excuse, even though my mind is on all these and other problems we are facing. Trying to explain this rationally, we felt like our hearts were ripped out. We listened to the surrogates, watched the polls, donated our time, money, and were part of the 57% of registered voters that actually voted.

This picking was my idea originally, so I owe you an extreme debt of gratitude for "picking me up". This takes initiative and defines what spirit is all about. Thank you very much!

What restores my faith in man, is that you and BAJ are still here. GT Swarm is bigger, however they have plenty of problems, snarky people. Nick is a great moderator, we are friends as his wife went to school in my small hometown outside of 'Cuse. The guys here are special. We disagree, and still care for each other. I picked a little too with some posts because our bad play had me in a foul mood. I still love you guys, that never changed. Feeling the liberty to express my opinion on here, is really "golden" since I refuse to do it on those other sites. Here we have respect like a small family. We can argue and always come back home.

Last edited:
!) Ohio State -22
2)Virginia +11 ( Ga Tech win by 10)
3)NC State +3
4) Pitt -7.5
5)FSU -21
6) Colorado -4.5
7) VT +1
8) Clemson -22.5
9) Arkansas +2
10)WV+3

Thanks Texwood. I had also started looking to grab some games, but didn't even get as far as BFL did. LOL

MSU
GT
NCSU
Pitt
SU
WSU
VT
CU
Arkansas
Okla

plenty of uncertainty, which team will show up in many of these games? plenty of Jekyll/Hyde teams this season.

If we our doing confessions then :
I'm old
I'm Fat
I can't hear well
I drink to much but I'm OK with it

I grew up Catholic, so my confessions would be way too long(like my post early this morning above)...however thank God my great grandfather on the other side of the family tree was a Methodist Minister/Theologian who was an author and huge influence in my life. He lived to be 98, meaning you could be stuck with me on here for a while. Smile?

1)Mich. St.
2)Ga. Tech
3)Miami
4)Duke
5)Syracuse
6)Wash. St.
7)VPI
8)Clemson-ing(they win big, angrily)
9)Ark.
10)West Va.

Edited to correct upon reflection of a typographical error in my diatribe.

Last edited:
MSU (They pull the upset. Trap game for Ohio St)
GT (I think the D is onto something)
NCSU
Pitt
Syracuse(FSU rarely covers. At lest this year)
Colorado
VT
Clemson
Miss St
Oklahoma

Bump!
Correct me if I'm wrong, no Thursday or Friday games to predict?
So, Saturday by Noon for all picks to be authentic and in by deadline?

BFL, Jr told me he should be in by or prior to Thursday Night football(Louisville/Houston and pro. game). He's studying again, but it's not for school!

BFL, Jr.
------------

Ohio St. covers the spread, wins 52-21.
Ga. Tech covers, defeats Hoos 63-21. Woo Hoo!
N.C. St. straight up in the upset, 38-35.
Duke wins this one, 35-28.
F.S.U. covers, 56-21.
Wash. St. cleans 'em straight up, 47-41.
Va. Tech gobbles them straight, 41-38.
W.F. only losses 42-35.
Arkansas in the upset straight up, 30-27.
West Va. in the slight upset straight up, 48-42.

Thank you, Mr. Texwood.

Michigan State - This is a pretty good team that hit some rough times, and this is their bowl game.
Virginia - This line looks as solid as they come. Flipped a coin and it came up Zima.
NC State - This is a pretty good team that has hit some rough times, and this one gets them into a bowl.
Duke - Last three games vs VT, vs UNC, @ GT were decided by three or less. Take those points in this spot, and give due credit to Cutcliffe.
Syracuse - This is another line that feels spot-on and the coin flip came up Orange.
Washington State - Leach has 'em right where he wants 'em - his team, that is.
Turkey Buzzards - C'mon man.
Wake Forest - Wake has padded my accounts handsomely this season, sticking with the Demon Deacons in this spot.
Mississippi State - This is a strange line in my mind, so I'm going with the wisdom of Vegas here.
Oklahoma - The Sooner Schooner is the biggest fish in that small pond.

It's not part of this week's Pick 'Em, but is anyone else smiling inside watching Todd Grantham's defense getting eviscerated tonight? The fact that Grantham works for that scumbag Petrino is the icing on top.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Yes, tickled beyond belief!
Realizing that I should be rooting for the ACC, on the inside Junior has no idea how intense my dislike for those two creeps run. Especially the latter.

At a rough glance, my family both posted 5-5 records. Sister kissers.
Mr. Texwood, 4-6(hope I miscalculated). Still ahead of the games overall.
Sprite6, 8-2(hope that is accurate, amazing). Congratulations, you need to be a player for money.
RyanS12, 6-4. A winner!
BAJ, 6-4. Step it!!
Stech81, I see 5-5. You are still 9 games over .500, good buddy. A full 5 game lead or more from the bottom with only 10 games this week and whatever is left for championship week. I have guaranteed reservations on the bottom and I won't let you in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT