ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Anthony Harrell explains his decision behind transferring from Georgia Tech to Florida

Landon Watnick

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
Just spoke with Anthony Harrell before. Harrell found out yesterday he got accepted into UF's master's program for business. Harrell has been granted his release and will be eligible to play immediately for Florida, based off what he told me. Harrell said he plans to arrive in Gainesville on Sunday afternoon and plans to enroll for the summer B semester starting Monday.

"I’ve been thinking of transferring for a while now after the season ended," Harrell said. "The plans that they envisioned for me, we weren’t really seeing eye-to-eye. Florida has a good opportunity for me to play. With that new coaching staff, it’s a fresh start. They’ve got a couple guys banged up, so I can have an opportunity to come in and contribute right away and be close to home. Florida was my dream and was my dream school. The opportunity, I couldn’t turn down. To get a full scholarship for grad school and to be close to home, and my dad played there, it’s a dream come true really."

Despite the fact that Georgia Tech football’s official Twitter account announced that Harrell was suspended indefinitely before Harrell replied with his statement, Harrell said that he has been granted his release from Georgia Tech. He added that since Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson was out of his office on an out-of-town trip, he expressed his desire to transfer to an assistant coach, who then relayed the information to Johnson. Johnson then granted Harrell the release, according to Harrell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News