ADVERTISEMENT

An observation from a (fairly) new member

BirdnBee

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2021
For a long time I was a member of TOS and lurked around here. I fell out of love with recruiting and due to several factors (kids, moving away from Atlanta, life...) I didn't follow Georgia Tech football as closely as I once did. I am a second-generation Tech grad and married a second-generation Tech grad. We love the Institute to our core and my parents and later I had season tickets to football and basketball for close to 40 years. Georgia Tech is the beneficiary on my life insurance policy. Let's just say, there's no other team, school, alma mater for me.

I joined here a couple years ago at the suggestion of a friend of mine. I post occasionally, I read a lot, and I value the information that Kelly, Russell and crew feed us on a regular and sometimes undeserved basis. I would honestly like to post more, a lot more, but I am deterred by the fact that it truly seems like the goal of many of the posters on here is to shoot down any optimism and counter any potentially positive post with all the reasons why we should be miserable. I get that success has been elusive the past few years, but I am tired of reading it in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. There are people that refuse to let us celebrate the limited successes we've had, be they recruiting good kids or talking about graduation rates. I don't think I am the only one.

I'm not suggesting that negative posts won't continue to dominate while our performance doesn't match our expectations. I am just asking those that feel compelled to post those comments create your own threads or limit them to relevant threads. Let those of us who WANT to find a little joy and optimism not have to wade through literally pages of crap just to find a comment or two celebrating Tech's little (and soon to be bigger) successes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News