ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL A few thoughts....and time to move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiveredtech

Oct 26, 2003
Sitting in Chicago this morning thinking about the game and dying to see the replay since ND has still never heard of this new piece of technology called a Jumbotron.

I really want to look at the blocking because it appeared we had guys going the wrong way multiple times....and it appeared our perimeter blocking was not ready for the ND level of play.

The reality is last year many of our wins last year were only a couple of plays away from a bad finish for us. I guess most all games are that way. Sometimes the benefit of a call here or there....injury here or there...bounce here or there (ND recovered two of their own fumbles in the first half)...and things can be far different.

I just cannot get past this fact. If someone had told me prior to the game "Notre Dame will have 7 possessions in the first half, along with 7 for GT, and ND will only score two tds and will surrender an INT and fumble....would you take that?" Well.....I would ordinarily think we would be up by two td's in that scenario. However, when I really think about it we had many games last year with only one offensive TD in the first half.

At any rate...Notre Dame showed a ton of speed and talent....plus their guys can think. I look forward to getting back to the south and playing teams of mental morons like FSU and UGA.

Notre Dame is a good team....we were not ready for them at this point of the season...but we still have a chance for a great season as I have said before I would be thrilled with 9 wins in this schedule. I just hope we did not lose any players for a long time yesterday.

Reactions: Jacketfan57
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News