ADVERTISEMENT

“Sorry Georgia Tech”

BarrelORum

Gold Member
Dec 8, 2001
Savannah
read this article as far down as you can

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-kirby-smart-builds-next-alabama-crimson-tide

This is not a thread to bash our recruiting. Its a thread to bring to the forefront a major problem with our program. We used to compete for recruits with GA. We competed with Auburn, Clemson, Florida State and Florida too. This was not too long ago either. We didn’t always win and we hiked an uphill battle, but we competed with these types of schools. I can still name recruits we came really close to that we lost to those schools. I can name some we won.

The reason I posted this is because this has become highly unusual now. This isn’t a slam at PJ because Gailey was the same in many respects. But Ross and OLeary regularly recruited verus the top schools. The APR changed a lot and we have not adapted.

The school has to make real change for us to be able to do this again. Some will cry they don’t want to compromise our academics. I think that’s a horse shit excuse.

Georgia Tech is the ONLY school I know that has one foot out the door on it’s athletic programs. The school seems to believe that top notch athletics and top academics are mutually exclusive.

Make change to compete. Adapt. I don’t understand the mentality that you can want to break the mold when it comes to academics, but athletics are just a side show. Be great at everything. It isn’t counter productive. The APR has been in effect for 16 years, yet we haven’t adapted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News