ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 CFB ATS

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Sheesh! Another 2-3 week and now a terrible 5-10 start to the season. At least I take solace in knowing I am giving folks a good set of picks to pick against each week. But, hope remains to break out of this funk. Here we go...

BYU +5.5 over Michigan, 12:00 ABC
The Cougs have played 3 tough opponents and should have got the upset W at UCLA last weekend as 17 pt dogs. Michigan has played 1 quality opponent so far and lost. This goes down to the wire.

NC State -17 over South Alabama, 8:00 ESPNews
Jacoby Brisett and crew should take care of business like they did at ODU last weekend. Lay the points.

Northwestern -18.5 over Ball State, 8:00 Big 10 Network
The Cats have given up 16 pts through 3 games so far...6 to Stanford, 0 to Eastern Illinois, and 10 at Duke. Nad State has played 1 strong opponent so far and lost by 33 at Texas A&M. I can see something similar in Chicagoland.

Houston -16.5 over Texas State, 8:00 ESPN-3
The Cougs had a week off last week to get over their patting themselves on the back for the upset W at Louisville. They now host TSU, who lost at FSU by 43 and just gave up 56 pts to Southern Miss in a home loss. UofH wins big. Lay 'em.

Georgia Southern -15.5 over Idaho, 9:00 ESPN-3
The Eagles travel cross country in their Island of Misfit Toys crap conference to play indoors against the Potato Farmers who had to come back late to defeat D1AA Wofford last weekend by a field goal to avoid a 0-3 start to the season. Southern has its QB, Ellison, back and they should roll here. In a crap conference, Ga Southern stinks the least.

GLA!

The BYU money line has widened, +200 to +220 on several books - check here for details.

Edited to add: I play most of my units on the money line because I've yet to meet a coach who cares about margin of victory. With the money line, your interests are aligned with the metric used to hire and fire coaches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT