ADVERTISEMENT

WAR ROOM: '16 recruits and hoops

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb

FOOTBALL

Staff prep for spring ball is in full effect right now. Should be pretty quiet for the next month until spring ball gets started. The staff is focused on getting ready for spring ball and they will have some other coaches visiting here and there to share ideas.

FOOTBALL RECRUITING

QBs (1-2)- TaDarryl Marshall is the top guy and Tylin Oden is number two. Oden is less likely than Marshall.

BB (1)- Brittain Brown (visiting next week for private JR day), Malik Staples and Tiamon Pennymon from Cartersville (no offer yet)

AB (1)- Xavier Gantt

WR (1-2)- Kobay White is the main guy with offers, but there are a lot of other targets that will emerge soon with camps and so forth.

OL (3)- E.J. Price, Stephen Spanellis and Chandler Tuitt seem like long shots. My guess is the OL targets will emerge from camp like they always do. A camp invite type guy to keep an eye on is Steve Bedosky from Landmark Christian (Ga.), his dad was an All-American at Mizz who played in the NFL as an OL.

DT (2)- Bo Peek is the most probable guy in the group so far. Machail Carter has GT in his top 4, but the rest of the offered targets are not as high on GT.

DE (1-2)- Malik Barrow is the 4-star guy showing the most interest at this position. Tomon Fox and Cecil Stallings have some serious interest in Tech as well.

SLB (1)- Tabarius Peterson from Tucker has legit interest, but he is from Tucker…

MLB/WLB (1)- Jonathan Smith (Ratliffe's teammate) is the leading guy at this spot. Kenneth Ruff has no leaders and could play all three LB spots.

CB (2)- Corner is a real mixed bag, I have no feel for any of the guys but GT always ends up doing well at this spot in recruiting and 2016 should be the same.

S (1)- I think Jordan Mack ends up at GT. They haven't targeted many other safeties so far.

ATH (1)- Tyquan Statham is one to watch, a little like TaQuon Marshall or A.J. Gray, a guy who can do everything. I expect GT to jump in with an offer soon on him.

Will shoot for 18-20 signees for 2016.

BASKETBALL

Everyone who I trust keeps telling me Gregory is done at GT. I'll believe it when I see it.

A couple of names to watch are:

-Archie Miller (Dayton coach) former NC State player. Yes another coach from Dayton…

-Chris Mooney (Richmond) system coach who is ready for a different challenge. Almost became the GT coach last time around.

-Chris Mack (Xavier) MBob's hire and a very talented coach, but has serious ties back home.

This post was edited on 2/10 6:16 PM by Kelly Quinlan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News