ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 List of WTF happened in the Benz

GTdomination

Aug 14, 2023
Good Morning my fellow Ramblin Wreckers'. I thought it might be fun to do a top 10 list of Embracing the Suck from last nights game. Pretty much have to laugh to keep from crying at this point.

But first I thought I would share a couple of my awesome dad jokes from the game:

What do you call a GT team that scores 28 points in one quarter of football?!!

- Fools Gold

What One word would you use to describe seeing Megatron on the sidelines last night repping in a GT shirt and talking about community service on TV?

-Dope!

What's the one thing you are guaranteed to see at every GT football game?

-An empty upper deck

So cool to see GT's entire OL convert to Christianity last night in the 4th quarter. Wait,,,, Wut????

-Yeah, they were extremely Holey

Moving on..... Top 10 List of WTF happened last night.....

1) 28 points in one quarter of football, holy FU*K!!
-I felt like I was watching the glory days of Fridge being our OC. UGA fan's were kicking themselves for letting Buster leave Athens, we were well on our way to making the playoff's and playing for the Natty!! That was the greatest offensive outburst I have seen in like.....forever!! Move over Clemson, there's a new sheriff in town!

2) Brent Key's Version of "TUFF"
-
Coach has been preaching toughness all damn spring, all damn summer, for over a year now. George O'Leary this, Nick Saban that, tough as nails..... mental toughness, physical toughness, we will practice in 1000 degree heat and melt like butter to mold our men into the toughest SOB's in football so when the 4th quarter rolls around the game will be EASY. Yada yada yada....coach. 4th quarter rolled around and we were softer than a baby's bottom. Good grief, that was sad. We crumpled like a lawn chair and looked like a sweet little fawn staring in the headlights as a coyote is about to gobble it up. Opposite of "TUFF" coach......talk is cheap- this was a page from Scooter Collins, not GOL or Saban. The offense folded when we had a chance to take the lead back late in the 4th and gave up a bone crushing sack that I'm sure Haynes will still be feeling this morning. The Defense folded like a lawn chair the very next play and gave up a 75 yard run, untouched up the gut.....SMH.. Same ol Crap, different players, different year

3) The Corner Backs......Yikes!!!
- Kelly alluded to this being a potential weak spot of the defense. Turrible,,,,,absolute trash. I'm guessing Spider is still hurt. One CB got juked two plays in a row in the 3rd quarter and gave up a TD. This swung all the momentum back to the Cards. I think his jersey # is the same as the # of plays he got torched on that drive. We in trouble at this position, like Big Trouble in little Atlanta.

4) The OL
-
Damn, just damn! Same ol same ol bunch of Christians with this crew, Holey as Sh*t!!! I guess, I had my gold colored glasses on thinking we would be serviceable this year, which would be a huge jump over last the 5 years. Geep must be serving that Swiss *****ng cheese to all his fat boys for lunch everyday..... what do you expect with a true freshman playing OT 75% of the game and a walk-on still being one of our best OLs? Very disappointing, Hayne's going to be getting he clock cleaned all year. I will have nightmare's of that 4th quarter sack that led to our demise for years to come.

5) The DL
-Marco.....polo. Marco......polo. Marco......where in the hell did the D Line go go? I thought this would be a strength for us this year. Talent and depth is what I was hearing all fall camp. Back to the drawing board, this group did NUTCHING last night. Jack Plummer is an avg. QB at best, we couldn't get any pressure on him.

6) Special teams are still VERY Special
- 32 yard FG, thirty two freaking yards.... that's High School junk. 90% of high school kickers make that FG. It's shorter than an extra point kick in the NFL! That was our chance to take the lead back up to 8 points. I hate to say it, but I 100% expected him to miss that FG. Scar tissue, bad mojo, whatever--- I had zero confidence we would make a kick that matters. Sad, sad, sad.......new Special Teams coach- same f*cking result. UNACCEPTABLE. He's a great kid, but please tell me the other Scholarship Kicker that we recruited is better than this and can make a 32 yard chip shot.
Punt Return game....I get it, ball control is #1, but at least have someone back their that can try to make something happen. We are no threat to any team of ever returning a punt for a TD. We don't even try....frustrating.

7) Buster's Second Half Play Calling
WTF Buster.....it's a tale old as time.! You can't just call plays to control the ball and protect the lead in the second half!!! We got nothing to lose, keep letting it rip! That second quarter, HOLY F*CK......I was having flashbacks of Ralph calling plays on our run to the Natty in 1990. Ugag fans were weeping and gnashing their teeth at letting Buster slip through their hands and out of their program, this is the stuff dreams are made of and then.........you Crapped the Bed Brah'. I hope he learns from this. I wanted to chunk my drink at the TV every time we ran the ball up the middle in the second half on first down for 1 yard, putting us in 2nd and long for most of the half. We went from Sugar to Sh*t in heartbreaking fashion.... keep calling the same damn game plan that you called in the 2nd quarter. Holy crap, that was a thing of beauty.....I kept telling myself at half time....please don't go conservative , please don't go conservative . Damn, just damn.....tale as old as time.....same ol crap, different coach, different year, but same ol GT stuff.

8) Big Game to Start the Season- NO GRACIAS !!
I am probably in the minority here, but I am sick of playing these hard ass opponents in our first game most years. If we actually won one every now and then, I would be ok with it. But this heart breaking crap in the Benz against the VOLs and Cards....no thanks, I'm good on this schtick. Blow outs to Clemson to open the season, no thanks- I have seen enough of that. Next year in Ireland against the Noles..... nah brah,..... no mas, uncle, please make it stop. I am sick and tired starting off in the hole 0-1 every year. We aren't at a level to win these games just yet. It's not being a puss to pass on these games. We need to build our program back up. J Batt needs to change our scheduling agenda and throw us a bone. We need to start scheduling like Wake, NC State, Syracuse for the time being....give us some cupcakes the first two games of the year.....get to 2-0, build some momentum, get your mojo going, then unleash hell, not right out of the gate......we lose those games every F'ing time. Been there, done that,,,, just stop.
Schedule someone like the Citadel or NIU ;)

9) First Pass of the Year
WTF, I know it was a batted ball, but that was a bad omen from the start. Second year in a row our first pass of the season is picked off in the Benz. Ugh, barf, sickening,.....we are Georgia Tech..... WE CAN DO THAT! I just shook my head, and almost expected it. Different player, different year, but same odd start in the Benz. That's all I have to say about that. Maybe next year in Ireland we can just throw one out of bounds on purpose for our first pass to get rid of some of that bad mojo.

10) INJURY BUG
Fudge,,,, that damn injury bug was ALL over us last night....like a mig all over Iceman. I'm terrified to find out who all is banged up after last night. All that talk about having this amazing new strength coach and bodies being transformed in the off season, we TUFF now. Yikes, please leave us alone injury bug, leave us I pray to the football gods. We had key people missing all over the field on both sides of the ball last night. I think we came into the game banged up and then it just got worse and worse as the game went on,

All this to say, last night was a TUFF pill to swallow. I am not giving up on this team, it is what it is, new year, new staff, new players, and unfortunately a very familiar result. It's all good though, since we aren't a result oriented team....see y'all next week!
GO JACKETS!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News