ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Tech makes an offer to an OC per my sources

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
George Godsey on a multi-year deal for double the money Pnode was making. Not sure if he will take it or not.

There are other candidates as well who could be interviewed later this week as this is not a slam dunk that it will get done. There are 2-3 more guys in the running from my list who are legitimately interested and feelers out.

***more details*** my toddler's daycare is closed this week due to covid among the teachers so we've been scrambling the last two days-

Goose met with ADTS at the Miami to reconnect and discuss the situation at that time it looked like GT may need an offensive coordinator in the offseason and that started the ball rolling with him. He will be in town in the next 24 hours per multiple sources and if all goes well then I believe he will take the job.

To my knowledge, Collins has not formally interviewed anyone yet. He has feelers out to the guys on my list and a few possible interviews late this week if it does not work out with Goose.

My wonder here and this is conjecture on my part is if Goose would view this as a backdoor into the GT HC job since ADTS loves him some GT connections and is orchestrating this at least partly.

IMO Godsey would keep Key in here and in turn Key would keep Choice around so that is a win-win for GT.

I expect we will know within 36 hours if he takes the job or they move on to other targets.

Collins wants to have someone hired at least privately before the OVs on 12/10-12.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News