ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 12/13

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So a few things going on.

Braylon Sanders new WR target has been the top guy on the board for a while. If Cook weren't leaving they'd have a shot at Jayden Comma maybe. He wanted to come to GT for a long time, but GT had to tell him to hold until a spot came open at WR. It happens.

Jordan Ponchez-Mason has been right near the top of B-back board along with Jerry Howard and Trace Christian. No tears were shed when Jalen Holston went to VT, that kid should've committed there a while ago, he was lucky not to get dropped.

Cortez Alston had a good visit to GT. He has been waiting on something to happen with his recruitment, no one is really sure what offer or school he has been waiting on, but he probably ends up at GT.

Myron Tagovalia-Amosa had a great time on his OV. Anree Saint-Amour was his host and his family loved Atlanta and everything. He is going to OV to Navy, his brother Adam is an OT there and Vanderbilt is also getting an OV. They may decide after that. His parents are running the show. Vandy and GT are the two main contenders from what I've been told by sources.

DE target DeAndre Johnson committed to Tenn, the Vols are taking some weird commits as they are striking out quite a bit and Johnson was waiting for a greenlight from the Vols. I doubt he visits on Jan. 13th, but I'll check into that this week.

The Swilling boys are ganging up on Robert Porcher IV along with some heavy hitters like Derrick Moore and Pat Swilling hitting his dad to get him to GT. Should be interesting if they swing him. Expect an OV in Jan from him.

The Cody Shear thing isn't dead and GT is trying to get him here in Jan. Having less OL commits is making it more likely as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News