ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Player Media Notes and Quotes 11/8

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
The players seem very focused this week. Not a lot of goofing around or playfulness ahead of the Clemson game. The media session was pretty dry as a result today with the players. Practice also ran a little bit longer than normal and they were not in pads today.

LAMILES BROOKS

On watching the Kobe Bryant video with the team on Sunday, It was really impactful, I pride myself on doing whatever it takes to win and doing whatever it takes to win. I don’t really care about anything else except winning when it comes to my team and my teammates. So it was a good video to see to get everybody in the right mind frame going into the week. We have a big challenge this week and hopefully that video will impact everybody and get everybody ready to play.

On the DBs this season and the progress, seeing what Jay King went through last year as far as his injury, Jay King was my host and to play along with CP Lee three-man wing rotation that we got going on is lovely.

On playing Clemson, I wouldn’t say that it brings out anything extra, maybe it brings out a little more this year than others, we have the expectation of winning, Clemson being our in conference rival brings out a little extra in everyone naturally.

On Clemson RBs, I wouldn’t say it changes my role, my role is to do whatever the DBs need to succeed and help the defense. Tackle running backs or covering guys, whatever happens we will be able to overcompensate to make things happen.

On beating Clemson, it is not different at all this week, it is a one game season and we prepare the same every week. We come out in practice and prepare the same way every week.

On the young guys, it is different for each one, last year we had CP forced into it. Eric Singleton is playing, Taye Seymore in our room is helping out and they could be one big mistake away from playing.

JORDAN WILLIAMS

On the Clemson being the best D they’ve face so far, I would probably say that. Coach tells us the best defense is the next defense, so we prepare for them like any other challenge. Just doing what we do for every other game.

On the OL playing well, we want to protect the QB and run the ball and we have confidence in each other, the success was going to come by the way we prepare and attack every day.

On playing RT next to Connor, me and Connor are good friends since he came in. On his visit I was with him. Our communication is pretty good and we’ve been working on it every day.

On Coach Wade, he puts an emphasis on knowing your assignment and if you mess up make sure you go 100% and they’ll fix it later. That is the biggest thing with the OL, just make sure everyone is playing fast and running to the ball and if they make a mistake make it at 100 MPH.

ERIC SINGLETON

On Clemson secondary, It is a very talented group like all the other groups, you have to prepare for the week and everyone has to ball out.

On the Clemson game meaning, I heard it means a lot and Coach Key talked about the record in practice and we need to go win.

On adjusting, getting hit was different from college to HS and that was an adjustment I needed to make.

On how defenses play him, of course if the defense knows someone is super fast they may not press, Clemson still presses a lot so we might see that.

On Kobe Bryant film, he just has the mentality that is the one you need to have you are dedicated to the sport and the grind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News