ADVERTISEMENT

Official EA Sports College Football 25 Thread

mramsey005

Gold Member
Nov 30, 2021
For those of us who grew up playing this game and those who might be a bit younger who also may have played it towards the end, thanks to the new NIL era, the game is back! This is by far the best thing to come out of NIL haha, but seriously it is the sort of thing that embodies the spirit of the legislation allowing college athletes to be compensated for their name, image and likeness. In fact that term was derived from the EA Sports games, which used image and likeness of players, stopping short of putting their actual names in the game. As many of you know, Ed O’Bannon from UCLA and a Nebraska QB (Eric Crouch) were some of the big names who filled a lawsuit against EA that effectively killed the game….Until now! Actually July 19 is the release date:

But to some of us, this is a big moment to see this game come back. I understand many might not care. But I wanted to start a thread for those of us who do to share news, thoughts about the current release as well maybe some stories about playing the older versions dating back all the way to the Sega Genesis.

I’ll start with one, who will be the cover athletes? Per EA, they are picking one from each power conference (including AAC) and each player has a different position. That seems to hurt Haynes King’s chances given Shadeur Sanders, Jalen Milroe, Carson Beck, Ewers, etc. But he’s got my vote. Anyway, fire away if this topic hits home with you as it did for me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News