ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL OC Search Updates 12/2

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
After a relatively quiet day, the offensive coordinator search heats up today. Thanks to technology changes you don't have to fly everyone in anymore and things can be done over zoom, teams or phones. Collins and Key are involved and I expect both Chip Long and Chip Lindsey will be vetted and they are still interested in WKU's Zach Kittley who is in the mix at Texas Tech and some other P5 jobs as well as the hotshot young OC that is the flavor of the moment.

Mike Sanford Jr. is a name that keeps coming up some as well who was fired weirdly at Minnesota after they lost their two best offensive players including the QB this season and won 8-4. He is a good guy and well-respected just has taken some unwise career moves.

Sanford and Kittley would fit with the image of GT football that Collins is creating.

I expect there will be other candidates as well that emerge unless Collins finds one he really likes here in the next 24-48 hours.

The hope is the hire will be made in time for them to announce for the big visit weekend on 12/10 even if it is not done publicly.

I should have more as the day progresses

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News