ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Notes 2/2 Ndongo good to go for State

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Per Damon he is ready to go for NC State. Message was simple Baye Ndongo is good to go for NC State.

Adding notes below from Damon's presser, I'll be more concise than usual because I'm a little tied up today.

Damon said he thinks it is good they are on the road and he said he always played better on the road as a player because there is less comfort and distractions on the road and the team gets to bond and focus on hoops.

He talked about how he actually heard some legit player leadership during the UNC game from some of the older guys like Miles Kelly and Kowacie Reeves. He said they can impact the game in more ways than just scoring.

He said that DJ Burns is a load, but what really impresses him is his passing out of the post (this is something I really noticed whenever GT has played them as well, he averages almost three assists a game) and between that and his ability to back down defenders it makes him a headache as a matchup.

Stoudamire feels like they are capable of playing with anyone when they are on and connected and he hopes they are ready to take the next step and go on a run now.

Damon said that he wouldn't mind a lineup with even three point guards like the one he plays with Nait George and Kyle Sturdivant and they did that in the NBA with the Celtics as long as they can defend on the other end. He is not afraid to have too many ballhandlers on the court together at the same time.

Miles Kelly said he feels like the UNC win was a corner-turning moment for this team and he expects them to play better. He said that everyone was doing their role more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News