ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS My way too early, possibly problematic look at potential GT Hoops roster management

dtm1997

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2015
Been bouncing this concept around in my head for a while. I'm all for supporting our student-athletes, but with NIL, it's now a performance driven enterprise. Especially when you need bout $1.5MM-$2MM minimum to compete at the High Major level.

I don't get worried about game to game this season. This week sucked, but I'm not yet worried about it's impact on the long-term view.

With that said, here are my initial thoughts on how roster management may unfold in the off-season.

Out of eligibility:
  • Kyle Sturdivant
  • Tyzhaun Claude

Transfer Out:
  • Deebo Coleman (I think he might enjoy a fresh start, possibly at a lower level)
Processed:
  • Amaree Abram (Writing appears to be on the wall)
  • Ebenezer Dowouna (Just doesn't bring enough to the table)
  • Ibrahim Souare (Pretty obvious spot to upgrade talent)

Too early to tell:
  • Lance Terry (Could very well set up for a nice Super Senior season at GT or might just be keeping his eligibility to transfer)
  • Miles Kelly
  • Tafara Gapare (I think he stays and we try to develop him. Still too raw today)
  • Baye Ndongo (I think he'll end up 1 & done)
  • Ibrahima Sacko (Could go either way, but could be a nice developmental wing)

Staying:
  • Kowacie Reeves
  • Nait George

Incoming:
  • Jaeden Mustaf
  • Darrion Sutton
  • Cole Kirouac
Net net - we could easily see 6+ spots turn over this year with 3 already filled. Looking forward how the talent is managed & upgraded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News