ADVERTISEMENT

J Batt at Lake Oconee yesterday

thwga

Gold Member
Dec 6, 2018
Lake Oconee
He said nothing he said could be put on a message board or he would never come back so nothing he said will be put here.

Just some random observations which left me a little discouraged (nothing to do with J who was quite impressive).

1. About 90% of the crowd was white men. About 10% was white women. The room looked nothing at all like GT looks these days.

2. I’m 52. My wife is 48. There was 1, maybe 2, people there younger than us. The one for sure younger posts here and asks great questions at these events. He has 3/4 kids; hopefully somehow 1-2 of them end up at GT. I knew one guy who has 2 kids at GT currently. He was the only one in the room with a kid at GT. He is a Michigan grad and whatever he gives currently goes to Michigan. Maybe that changes but I kind of doubt it.

3. We have 3 kids who will be in college next year. None got in/are at GT. The GT grad across from us has a son at College of Charleston. GT lifelong fan next to him has one kid at UGA and one at southern. Two-time GT grad beside him is a very successful businessman who owns a suite at BDS. His kids went to Marist. Neither got into GT. One went to Bama and is in law school; the other was EE at Clemson. big GT fans and donors kids are not getting into GT these days. The future is not promising if I am an AD trying to raise tens/hundreds of millions for AT Fund and NIL.

Not sure how things change but the people who gave to the AA in the 80s/90s/00s are dying off and their offspring are not GT grads and fans.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News