ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with CPJ ( pretty good )

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
Well worth to listen to some new things.

http://jeffschultz.blog.myajc.com/2...-future-will-jackets-finish-better-than-dogs/

On comparisons between Bobinski and Dan Radakovich: “(Bobinski and I) weren’t particularly close but we didn’t turn our head every time the guy walked down the hall. I just never saw him much. … Dan was very hands on. Dan would be in my office three times a week. We had a relationship. Most of the ADs I’ve worked with had that direct contact with the football coach.”

How often was Bobinski in his office? “In three, four years? I probably can count them on one hand.”

Contrasting the economic realities of Tech vs. many Power 5 conference programs: “I was set to hire (defensive coordinator) Ellis Johnson (in 2008) and we didn’t have the money. That’s what happens when one program says go hire who you want and the other one says you’ve got $250,000 to hire a coordinator.” (Tech hired Dave Wommack, who was fired after two years when he wouldn’t accept a demotion.)

I'm doubting we will lose Paul Johnson to Purdue's now-vacant head coaching position.

FLASHER

Coach Johnson says he's been offered 5-6 jobs since he's been at Georgia Tech.

Power 5 schools. WOW
I'm pretty sure the majority are not going to agree with me on this(maybe this is a premature thought on my part towards the slide of our program), but why is that we can't get a coach to accept another job. Let him or the other college pay the buyout for a change?

I'm pretty sure the majority are not going to agree with me on this(maybe this is a premature thought on my part towards the slide of our program), but why is that we can't get a coach to accept another job. Let him or the other college pay the buyout for a change?
In this case, it was because he likes the student athletes at Ga Tech.

In this case, it was because he likes the student athletes at Ga Tech.
Which is one reason the players don't quit on him. I know people get tired of hearing this but look at the starting 22 and next year could be the year. This year I'll be happy to get to 6-6 or 7-5 and beat uga

Reactions: Melanie1
I wish I could get excited about next year. Lee did a good job vs. GSU at LT. Cooper is going to be a good one. Will not have a QB who has taken many snaps with the starters. Pat Gamble has been a force, after Gotsis graduated. The corners worry me. If I see little Austin stretch to tip another pass into the hands of a receiver behind him, I'm going to have a Trump fit. We always have attrition.

Hope I'm wrong and waiting 'till next year works out. Glad the players don't quit, we always have special guys. Hoops, too! Really, all sports. Do we not coach them up? Is it the talent level? Is it the midnight studies? O.K., blame it on The Hill!!

I wish I could get excited about next year. Lee did a good job vs. GSU at LT. Cooper is going to be a good one. Will not have a QB who has taken many snaps with the starters. Pat Gamble has been a force, after Gotsis graduated. The corners worry me. If I see little Austin stretch to tip another pass into the hands of a receiver behind him, I'm going to have a Trump fit. We always have attrition.

Hope I'm wrong and waiting 'till next year works out. Glad the players don't quit, we always have special guys. Hoops, too! Really, all sports. Do we not coach them up? Is it the talent level? Is it the midnight studies? O.K., blame it on The Hill!!
Not sure this will help you get excited but I'll tell you why I am.
Yes it would be nice to have a QB that has experience But lets look at our last good year 2014, I think we can agree it was good. JT was the staring QB the year who only took a few snaps the year before 17 pass attempts and 33 rushing attempts. Now it's only my opinion but what helped him in 2014 was a pretty good OL , a good WR, and good B-backs , and good A-backs. Now lets look at last year I think we can agree JT did not have a great year. Why ? The other 10 players had little or no experience which cause JT to get beat up play after play. Now lets move to this year. It's my opinion that now I'm starting to see the offense come together. 35 points last game in only 55 snaps is pretty good. and if you look at all the games this year I'm not sure we have had over 60 snaps in any game ( I have not checked but think it's true) . Why are we getting so few snaps on offense ? Two reasons first we are having more plays over 20 yards and our defense is having a problem getting teams off the field. I think we will be fine at QB I like MJ but have no problem if one of the other 3 beat him out. If you are going to worry then center is the position to be concerned about, You like Copper and if he wins the starting job at center that's good. But also don't surprised to see Devine at guard and Braum at the other guard and Will moving over to center. We will know more after spring practice.
As for the defense I'm only worried about our LB's but the hope is Swilling will help. I would like to see our defense be more aggressive, but again that's my opinion I would rather play aggressive by putting pressure on the other QB. If they score fast it's better then watching the other team drive 12-15 plays to score. All that does is wear out the defense. Only thing is our kicking game may not be as good as this year.

O.K., I will try to get more excited about the team. However, going to the Lake Hartwell Haters, the Miami Maulins, Tennessee Dome Smoke Outs, Charlottesville Cardiacs and 30k of Mutts howling in our little pen, have me tepid for a chance at double digit wins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a little snipit from our old hypocritical friend:

This move by MBob smells like big money donors pulling the marionette strings of the boob they helped to hire. As we all know, MBob was an absentee fundraiser when he was here, so he absolutely needs to appease the incumbent big money at Purdue.

Come to think of it, MBob wasn't just an absentee fundraiser, he was an absentee AD.

This move by MBob smells like big money donors pulling the marionette strings of the boob they helped to hire. As we all know, MBob was an absentee fundraiser when he was here, so he absolutely needs to appease the incumbent big money at Purdue.

Come to think of it, MBob wasn't just an absentee fundraiser, he was an absentee AD.
MBob was our AD ?

I always heard that he followed the money.

Which is one reason the players don't quit on him. I know people get tired of hearing this but look at the starting 22 and next year could be the year. This year I'll be happy to get to 6-6 or 7-5 and beat uga
This team should be better than 6-6. That Pitt loss is going to hurt. Plus they could have beat Miami too. Turnovers blaahhh!!

This team has the opportunity to be better than 6-6. Win 3 of these last 5 games and that's accomplished. The Hokies showed at Syracuse that they are beatable. The Cheaters don't play defense. Our offense should have a lot of success against them. Our defense will be stressed against both of them on the road though. Our D could play a decent game and still give up 28 pts. Those 2 opponents have offenses which are explosive, just like Pitt.

Winning right after Turkey Day is worth 3 or more wins to this program. I'd trade losses to the Cheaters and Turkey Buzzards for a win at Hell. It just does wonders for this fanbase as well.

Don't forget to add in the potential for an MEG win. See, I'm optimistic we can win at least 1 out of 6...get to 5 victories, which can take you directly to the toilet of all bowls.

This "bright side" view is brought to you by the decastrophising committee.

Reactions: Melanie1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT