ADVERTISEMENT

High School Recruiting

Music City Jacket

Jun 21, 2021
My apologies in advance as I suspect this information has been covered but I'm having some difficulty navigating the site for most current updates, etc.
So maybe Kelly and Russell could answer concisely ...
1. Our recruiting class rated #46 included 16 players with 13 having signed LOI on initial signing period.
What is the status of Bonner (highest rated player) in terms of his commitment?
Is he still being aggressively recruited and has he still confirmed his intentions to sign with Tech?
What is the status of Delaine?
We have obviously landed DB help within Transfer Portal but I am unclear if Delaine is still committed and on board.
2. Is Kellman still being pursued? Seems he was tight with Choice and ready to close but may not have done his part on the academic side?
He has been the only guy shown on FutureCasts for weeks now but it is unclear whether he is still being recruited or if any issues have been resolved.
3. Although the transfer portal now provides teams the opportunity to pursue needs outside of traditional high school recruiting classes, only 16 signees seems low.
Insider the building, was this tentative result disappointing or aligned closely to what CGC and staff intended given all the other moving pieces?
4. Which high school player is Tech pursuing aggressively for the February signing period and would represent a significant upgrade to our class?
How likely is it that Tech's class ends up inside the Top 30? (which seems unlikely now and impossible if Bonner defects)
5. Have kids you guys have been following prior to the coaching shake ups commented positively about new coaches and their impact on how they view Tech opportunity?

FINALLY, if this information contained and easily found in another thread, please feel free to direct me to the best place to see most current details on this subject.
@Russell Johnson @Kelly Quinlan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News